Thread: Recommendations for fixing sagging rear

Recommendations for fixing sagging rear

Could Someone Direct Me To A good Site For Replacing The Sagging Coils In The Back To Level it out. Thanks KC

[edit - thread title modified - Good Times]
    94 4Runner SR5, 33 15.5's Super Swampers

Re: 94 4Runner Help

Downey (Downeyoff-road.com) coils are a popular rear spring replacement. They will lift the rear about 1.5". Downey offers two types of springs for your 4runner; Heavy duty, and regular. Definitely get the heavy duty coils. The regular coils are way too soft and will eventually start to sag (I speak from experience). I'm running the HD coils now, and couldn't be happier with them. If I remember correctly, they were about 200 bucks.

Another option is oldmanemu.com.
    '95 4Runner, 3.0, Auto, 140K.

Yeah, the most popular for just leveling or slightly higher in the rear are the downeys. You will be about an inch or two higher in the rear but it looks good.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I ran Downey HD coils with Bilsteins for years. I've got a set of Downey coils (coils only no hardware) for cheap.

Re: Recommendations for fixing sagging rear

I have the OME standard coils. My rear, of the truck that is, sits about 1 1/4 inch higher than the front. I like the raked look.
    92 4Runner SR5 V6 4X4<br />Skyjacker Nitro shocks, Pro-Comp steering stabilizer, clear bumper lenses, lund windjammer, OME standard coils, ISR mod, inlet pipe removed, Bushwaker Fender Flares.<br /><br />2002 Tacoma Prerunner V6 extracab. Lund Intercepter bug guard, rear glass sunshield, Bilstein shocks on rear.<br /><br />2004 Honda CRV EX stock belongs to wife.

I'm going to get those Downey coils eventually. Can you crank an inch of lift into the stock bars with out breaking anything? I don't want to go with a full on lift kit right now, I'd rather have some lockers instead.
    --------------------<br />slowheelin - a.k.a. Robb<br />93 4Runner V6 5 speed | Procomp shocks | Marlin Crawler Clutch | BFG AT<br />(more to come)

Quote Originally Posted by slowheelin
    I'm going to get those Downey coils eventually. Can you crank an inch of lift into the stock bars with out breaking anything? I don't want to go with a full on lift kit right now, I'd rather have some lockers instead.
    1 in. crank shouldn't cause any problems. 1.5 should be about the max, if you value your cv boots.
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    1 in. crank shouldn't cause any problems. 1.5 should be about the max, if you value your cv boots.
    Ditto.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I fixed mine by removing the trailer hitch - popped right back up. Of course that's not an option if your gonna pull stuff. Seriously though I'm going to get some of those Downey HD coils in the rear, that's sounding like a good bet.
    --------------------<br />slowheelin - a.k.a. Robb<br />93 4Runner V6 5 speed | Procomp shocks | Marlin Crawler Clutch | BFG AT<br />(more to come)