Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bear 8-18-2007

Big Bear 8-18-2007

Everyone post up your pictures!

i had a great time!!! Videos are down below. didnt get any pictures really worth posting besides these 2:

i have to say, i couldnt have done anything out there with out your guy's help with spotting and especially bruce for tugging me through some of those places. THANKS, it really does mean the world to me.

Damage sustained: scraped skids, frame rails, cross members, rear axle. and one dent in my left wing of my rear bumper. plus the usual california pin stripes. i did it basically stock, no sliders, and no locker, just a lift and AT tires.

y'all were wonderful! mikey's carne asada was spectacular, as was marc's 7layer. i want some more sooo bad. guess ill have to wait until next time.

mikey, next time ill have a skynyrd cd to go with yours.

2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Re: Big Bear 8-18-2007

Wish I could have made it. Thanks for the offer of riding along and camping space. As usual work sucked me back in even though I had the day off. Can't wait tyo see the pics.

Another great So Cal run!! had perfect weather, a great group, So Cals best trails, and topped it off with a Carne Asada fest.

Had 9 rigs to start with, but Deathrunner met an early death with a broken front shock. Everything from Mike (blacksheeps) Taco on 40's to Sean's almost stock 3rd gen 4runner. Fartruk suprised Mikey with its new "mountain goat" abilities, Blacksheep wowed the crouds at the end of Holcomb Creek. Bruce tried all the hard lines he could find and used his armor. Sean drove great, listened to his spotter, and made it through some tough trails without a scratch.

Ran John Bull and Holcomb Creek back to back. Saw a lot of rigs, and managed to help a broken Rubicon on the way...actually it was in our way, so we had to help fix it.

Only took a few pics...

end of the run poser shot
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

A last minute decision took me to Big Bear instead of June Lake, but it was well worth it. I got to give my new rear suspension a good test and it worked flawlessly. The Carne Asada was excellent and I finally got to meet some more of the forum members. Sean did a great job in getting his unlocked 4Runner up the trails, I'd like to see a VW Touareg make it up the same trails..... On JohnBull we ran into a Jeep Rubicon that bent his tierod, so he had some serious toe in. Using Sean's bottle jack and my winch we got it straighten out well enough for him to drive it off the trail and hopefully home safely. The only carnage I sustained was snagging my hiLift jack on a tree, bending it.

99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Okay just got all un packed and the Runner all cleaned up.

Great run. Awesome group of people. Nicest thing about our group is that everyone watches out for each others kids. This time it was everyone watching out for my son Gabe and I really appreciate it guys... And to Nina,,, Thank you for spending that time with him and letting him hit on you. LOL Seriously though thank you!

Not a bunch of time to take pics but this is what I got:

________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

New post for the videos.

I got video of some of you, i have sorted it out by person, not specific to either trail.

Eric, and Mike/Nina, your videos will be up tomorrow, im having to cut them down because they are too long for me to upload.

Andy:

Mikey:

Bruce:

also, first post updated, take a read.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Looks like fun. Maybe next time my truck will hold together.

T.O.Y.O.T.A.<br />Take Off Your Oversized Tires Andy

Link to all pics thanks to my wife.
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...il-AlbumInvite

Video will be up in an hour.

Here are all the other albums I have if anyone is interested in other trails. Sidewinder and Bronco Peak are in there too.

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictur....html?view=all

here are the last of the videos.

eric i managed to cut you down to something i could upload. i have one of Nina driving, and then one of mike showing off. , i seemed to get alot of you. so that is it for video. i think marc pops up in one of the videos for a quick second.

Mike:

Mike's lovely significant other (great posole btw!!!)

and last but certainly not least, eric:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast