Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jimbo74's 96 Xplorer

Re: Jimbo74's 96 Xplorer

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74
    go ahead and call it a pos all you want
    it's a POS.

ok, well so is my toyota in that respcet, at least the explorer runs.....

Quote Originally Posted by calrockx
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74
    go ahead and call it a pos all you want
    it's a POS.
    x3

Jimbo, just for the record, what fuster said in my "defense" was accurate. I don't mean anything personal.
    Do i still think it's a pile of crap? Yes. Is it cool you got it for hardly nothing? You betcha.
    But what do you define as reliable? I've never seen or heard of any Explorer that was reliable. My close relatives owned 4, yes 4 of them. My cousin still has a mint condition '96 with a 5.0 V8...it only has 115k but he's had a huge list of problems with it...the most recent one being a cracked manifold. I could go on forever about the one he had before that or the one my aunt had (blew motor w/95k) and the one my other cousin had. My family (starting with my Grandpa) were all die hard Ford fanatics...some still are but some finally realized what kind of crap ford makes. 30 years ago, i would of bought a Ford, but not today.
    Look at the resale value comparisons to other makes/modles like Toyota and Honda...not much left to say.
    &#039;96-&#039;02 4runner<br />When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser-

the resale value on our 98 ranger is still $7k and its a 2wd! its got 110k on it

my explorer has 210k and still lists for about $4k, this explorer has proven to be reliable, yes its got a chunk of issues, but it is 11 years old....

my 94 explorer i used to have had 110k on it, and its life was only short becuase i drove it into the ground, literally.... like on its roof and then sucked the ground up through the intake (different occassions).....

our fords have been very reliable, before the explorers and ranger, we had a aerostar, that had 190k on it before the tranny blew and we jsut decided to get rid of it

now i am not saying fords are perfect, and if you dont like it that is fine.... i do like it, and its my truck... the truck i am daily driving

&#039;95 4Runner, 3.0, Auto, 140K.

being its a 11 years old, my father has a 22 year old mercedes with 300k and you have yotas older with mileage that are still being in very good mechanical condition

saying its 11 isnt much considering you have 11 year old 3rd gen 4runners that run a heck of a lot better.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    being its a 11 years old, my father has a 22 year old mercedes with 300k and you have yotas older with mileage that are still being in very good mechanical condition

saying its 11 isnt much considering you have 11 year old 3rd gen 4runners that run a heck of a lot better.

it actually does run pretty well, it has issues, but most of them are related to lack of maintenance, my mom has driven this most of its life...

my 84 toyota doesnt run right now, and its got quite a few issues, but hey whatever flaots your boat. it is a reliable truck. it hasnt required any mroe or less work than any otehr vehicle i have owned, and im my second toyota now....

wow, i havent been here in forever..... well... the explorer is looking a little bit different now..... and it passed smog

pic

&#039;95 4Runner, 3.0, Auto, 140K.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast