Thread: Reverse camera?

Reverse camera?

I'm looking for some options on a reverse camera.

I've got a laptop that could make use of a cheap USB camera. I've also seen some reverse camera systems for pretty cheap. Any thoughts?
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Re: Reverse camera?

I think with your camper, the camera will come in handy. There are definitely easy ways to mount cameras. If you want to go a cheaper route, you can put the sensors that beep into your bumper instead. I had a friend who did that to his moms Highlander and it worked great!

1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

Did you check this out yet?

http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoo...=rev_cam_plate

While it might be more $ then the other solutions, it looks like it would be pretty nice. You could buy it and let me know if it's any good as I plan to get it
    :Marko:<br />
    Supercharged[COLOR=Sienna] 98 4Runner SR5 4x4 3.4L<br />315cc Injectors :: 4&quot; Deckplate :: TrueFlow Air Intake System :: Magnaflow 18&quot; Muffler w/ Resonator<br />XM Sat Radio (Roady XT) :: Autometer Boost Gauge :: Color Keyed Spoiler<br />
    <br /><br />
    TOYOTA|moving forward

im doing alot with either webcams or cheep surveillance cams in the near future.

basically wiring them to the carpc. if they are regular cameras, they will go into a switcher box before being connected to the input of my carpc monitor.

if they are webcams they will go to the computer, so i can record to my hd.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by marko3xl3
    Did you check this out yet?

http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoo...=rev_cam_plate

While it might be more $ then the other solutions, it looks like it would be pretty nice. You could buy it and let me know if it's any good as I plan to get it
    I might be doing that. I'm wanting to go with the cheaper route, but I'll keep this in mind, thanks!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

some day i want CCTV showing my drive train / axles as well as behind me.
    94 4Runner: All the Good Stuff<br /><br />[color=grey] 89 4runner: 3.0, Auto, HID&#39;s<br /><br />[color=blue]81 2wd pickup: 22r, 5sp, Lock Right, custom seats, Hella 500&#39;s on the bumper.

if you use a webcam or the sort, id try to keep it out of sight or else it might come someone elses property. I dont know how many retards would jack a webcam but im pretty sure the world is full of retarded morons
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience