Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I LOVE campuses, college that is

Re: I LOVE campuses, college that is

Were I so inclined, I would create and display contiguous to their protest and in massive font this quote by John Stewart Mill:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

There are other quips and catch phrases to compete with Mr Mill's perception which are heaved upon us by the leftists and the cowards addressing war, but true principles when in contrast to lies and distortions always remain victorious as considered by reasonable and sensible individuals

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
    That is an awesome quote. I teach at the Center for Naval Leadership in San Diego and have 24 new E5/E6 students every Monday. Obviously the topic of war and reasons comes up with each class. I will be working that quote into my lessons starting this week. Most of us in the service, serve for that exact motivation but I have never seen it worded so well.

Mr Mills is very well spoken! I will be looking him up as well. Thanks Fuster!
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Quote Originally Posted by ecchamberlin
    Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck

That is an awesome quote. I teach at the Center for Naval Leadership in San Diego and have 24 new E5/E6 students every Monday. Obviously the topic of war and reasons comes up with each class. I will be working that quote into my lessons starting this week. Most of us in the service, serve for that exact motivation but I have never seen it worded so well.

Mr Mills is very well spoken! I will be looking him up as well. Thanks Fuster!
    No sir, THANK YOU! Please, would you also pass to your students my, and the family Fuster's, gratitude for their sacrifice and service to our country. They stand between us and those who would do us harm. We are forever in their debt.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

I'll do that.

Current service men and women enjoy a very simple concept that Vietnam servicemn did not. It is possible to be pro troops and still not agree with the adminstrations policies. It seems like in the 60's and 70's they were inseperable.

That is not so say that we are not all about what we are doing. We are! But, we do enjoy a very positive amount of feedback and support for our efforts even from those civilians who do not support the mission. That is a new concept for our generation.

Infact my wife Jody just flew out this past Friday on her way to the desert for 7 months to work in a field surgical hospital. While waiting for the plane to arrive, be loaded, crewed and finally board, there were local citizens who prepared and served a buffet dinner for 180 troops. Things like this make it all worth while. Amazing country we live in!
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123