Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What should I do about a front bumper?

What should I do about a front bumper?

I have a Black 99 Toyota 4runner Highlander Edition and I am wanting to put a new bumper on the front end. I can't decide which bumper I want though so I was looking for other's opinions. Tell me what you think.

Here is my Rig how it sits today

Here are the bumpers I am looking at.

Irbis offroad offers this front bumper

The Irbis bumper will need blinkers mounted or integrated but I can have Irbis do that in the process of the build.

Hanson offroad offers this bumper

The Hanson bumper is not offered on their web site but will work with some modifacation. I would also have to find a place to add blinkers.

TJM Products offers this bumper

The TJM would come with different blinkers and (no) integreated lights but these are things I could do later.

Bruce I hope it's alright I used your bumper as an example

What would you do if you were me?

Thanks!

Re: What should I do about a front bumper?

i really like the irbis bumper.

i will be making my own, somewhat close to the tjm.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Hanson gets my vote.

The Irbis is a little too "Silence of the Lambs" looking for my liking - plus you loose your grille - looks unfinished.

Seems everybody has TJM's - be different!
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

yeah go with hanson, or drive out to armorology here in Colorado lol.

I have yet to hear from Bentup but I want a bentup front bumper for my 4runner so i can put a integrated solenoid winch in and get better clearance and strenght.

first off im getting a rear bumper from CBI in about a couple weeks
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

i like the tube + conventional bumper (tjm/arb) look. but personally speaking, you need to check out robinhood1500's tube bumper. it is pretty darn nice. that is what i hope to build later this year

thats sorta what i want but with a center hoop

Is that "Breezy" pre-SAC?
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

yup, they show his rear bumper after the SAC

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    i really like the irbis bumper.

i will be making my own, somewhat close to the tjm.
    I like the look too but I'm really considering all my options. Some thinks it's a little too rough looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    Hanson gets my vote.

The Irbis is a little too "Silence of the Lambs" looking for my liking - plus you loose your grille - looks unfinished.

Seems everybody has TJM's - be different!
    I agree it does seem everyone has the TJM but maybe that's for good reason??? I like the Hanson bumper a lot but I like the others as well. Thanks for the advice.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast