Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What should I do about a front bumper?

Re: What should I do about a front bumper?

I love the Shrockworks bumper I think I want this one

i didnt read all the posts but im going to chime in and say, i do like that shrockworks bumper. i dont like the arb bumpers though. just about every 3rd gen owner i know owns one and they all dont like it. more clearance is needed in the front than an arb gives, and when it does hit a rock it gets damaged easily.
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

i think youre talking about my tjm when you say that.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Quote Originally Posted by d0ubledown
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket

The huge ARB loses approach angle, TJM is kinda weak, anthing else is custom.

funny..i've never had any issues with approach angles as you can see in the pic i posted. i find its always the people that dont have them that say that...
    Actually it's the people that DO have them that say it.
    &#039;96-&#039;02 4runner<br />When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser-

Quote Originally Posted by lee
    i think youre talking about my tjm when you say that.
    ya i am

but i am also talkin about flooks'. when we were at the first ledge at ofr his arb hit the ledge quite hard. then next in line was me and my bumper did not touch any part of the ledge.
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

he has a tjm dummy!
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Well after long debate have finally ordered my bumper and here is what I decided to go with

This is the bentup winch bumper that was designed for the toyota tacoma. However I talked to Emily at bentup and she is sending the bumper with no mounting brackets attached so I can build my own (so it will fit the runner). Because I ordered the bumper with no mounting brackets and no PC the bumper only cost $550 before shipping (shipping was another $120) Total $670. My winch is here and my synthetic winchline that I ordered from Winchline.com should be here soon. The bumper ships out Monday morning from CA. Something else I'm considering is when the bumper showes up maybe throwing a stinger on it like this

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Anthony

Anthony,

Congrats on your decision . Looking good man!
    &quot;In premodern times, the courage of a leader often had to be physical. In the last 500 years it is more often moral. Moral courage is the ability to do what&#39;s right even when it is deeply unpopular, even dangerous. Courage is only found where there is the genuine possibility of loss -- loss of friends, reputation, status, power, possessions or, at the extremes, freedom or life.&quot;<br /><br />~ Mark Joseph

Thanks man I really appreciate it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456