Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Repaired Body Carnage, what do you think?

Repaired Body Carnage, what do you think?

Okay, by now everyone has seen my drivers side door. Well I got tired of looking at it and even more tired of the fact that it doesnt open unless you yank on it.

Here are the before pictures.

Now granted this is in NO way a professional grade repair. Personally I think it looks horrible. (I've been to paint and body school, I should know better) but I just decided last nite to fab up a quick set of body tools, made them out of some precision cut and sanded 2X4's to get the right angles and curves for the block and dolly...Spent about 30 minutes on it, could use a lot od detail clean up but Im not worried about it, it looks better, and more importantly, it opens perfectly.

-Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Re: Repaired Body Carnage, what do you think?

That looks a lot better.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Thanks, im gonna get back at it this week, spend a little more time with it, see what I can get done.
    -Chris
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.

looks a TON better
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

soooooo much better chris!

pics of the tools?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Do you still have to yank on it to open? How much are replacement door shells? I'll bet you and I could replace both shells painted in three days.....with the usual Dr. Pepper breaks included of course
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Looks good
    &quot;In premodern times, the courage of a leader often had to be physical. In the last 500 years it is more often moral. Moral courage is the ability to do what&#39;s right even when it is deeply unpopular, even dangerous. Courage is only found where there is the genuine possibility of loss -- loss of friends, reputation, status, power, possessions or, at the extremes, freedom or life.&quot;<br /><br />~ Mark Joseph

No, you no longer have to yank it to open, it opens perfectly like it is supposed to, I plan or replaceing the shells in the near future for front and rear door on that side, this was just a temporay fix cause I was tired of looking at the dent. lol. Of course itss till there, but better. lol.

and Yes Sean, i'll get you a pciture of my 'tools' this evening. lol
    -Chris

Nice!

There is a http://www.certifit.com/ there in Forest Park at 220 Southfield Parkway. They have pretty good after market replacement panels in my experience (dry fit before painting).

It seems your cost would be about 265.00 per door....something to check out maybe.

Either way, it looks great for what it was. Maybe a little Bondo and a cheese grater.....

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

P.S. Don't tell Intrepid that you're fixing body damage, it makes him lactate a little.....
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast