Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Repaired Body Carnage, what do you think?

Re: Repaired Body Carnage, what do you think?

I dont think I'll get so involved as bondo and stuff, I just wanted the door to open right. So, Im gonna pound on the dent a little more and see what that gets me.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

How did that happen?

GIANT rocks at Tellico.

yeah right, in my 2WD PreRunner. lol.

Box Truck on I-20. Cop wrote it up as a "no fault" accident.
    it was like that at Se4RJ...but again you were over partying at the palm...lol.
    -Chris
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.

You really should have consulted Fuster first, he would have showed you the "quick budget fix". First, you buy a new door, cut it and your current door into thirds, graft them together to form one un-dented door, then apply body filler in multiple thin layers, being sure to sand each square inch a minimum of 400 times, in between coats of primer. Then wet sand and prime the rest of your truck to match and apply 30 coats of paint to the entire body. Then you are done and your door looks "decent".
    [quote author=fustercluck link=topic=2107.msg22283#msg22283 date=1188483178]<br />I&#39;m with Intrepid, there&#39;s no use making a project out of it.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Mistakes: Perhaps it is the purpose of your life to serve as an example to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepidyota
    You really should have consulted Fuster first, he would have showed you the "quick budget fix". First, you buy a new door, cut it and your current door into thirds, graft them together to form one un-dented door, then apply body filler in multiple thin layers, being sure to sand each square inch a minimum of 400 times, in between coats of primer. Then wet sand and prime the rest of your truck to match and apply 30 coats of paint to the entire body. Then you are done and your door looks "decent".
    ohhhhhhh, BURN!!!!!!!

i think its looks good chris, much better than before.

im seriously more interested in the home made tools. its nearly impossible to find alot of the older style tools for body work, because everything (besides these kinds of repairs) are done by machine. half the time doors dont even get repaired, they just get replaced, because the origionals no longer fit like in your case.

does anyone know anyone who does lead on a car anymore?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Looks way better!

There is a guy here in Douglasville, Ga.
    Danny - he still does leading. he also does all sorts of paintless dent repair, and some seriously sick custom body work!! He is the one who was teaching at the time I went to paint and Body school.

Sean, I think you are going to be very dissapointed when you see these tools. Nothing compared to a real set of Body tools, just some cut up 2X4's. but i'll get you the pics this evening, just want you to be prepared. lol.
    -Chris

well chris, ive come to expect nothing from you. so anything will be an improvement. . .

all screwing around aside, its nice to see someone make their own tools, even if its just a piece of wood. i remember helping my dad make a tool to get a pulley or something off the front of the 3vze for the timing belt. i was like 8 maybe? dont remember what it was, all i know is we still have that tool sitting in the garage.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepidyota

*wipes away tears* Don't forget to take it out on the trails after all that 'sweat equity' and give it a little 'character'....hehehe.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Well thanks Sean!! lol

Fuster your not going to dent that runner are you? lol.
    -Chris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast