Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Survival "Grab and Go" Bags/Packs

Re: Survival "Grab and Go" Bags/Packs

wow bob, that was just distrubing...
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    wow bob, that was just distrubing...
    Yes, well now you know where he spends all his time on the internet.

-------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Back in boy scouts we had the "15 essentials" that we had to carry everywhere we went when we were out in the woods. I still have them and don't go on any trips without them, although, over the years I've forgotten what a few of the things are and added a few things. Here's a list of what I still have.

1. Waterproof matches in a waterproof container, lighter
    2. First aid kit
    3. Water purifying tablets
    4. Partial roll of toilet paper
    5. Space blanket
    6. Compass
    7. 30' of parachute rope
    8. Flashlight
    9. Batteries
    10. Whistle
    11. Signal Mirror
    12. Pen and Paper
    13. Knife
    14. Mole Skin

All of this fits in a small fanny pack which can be taken with me if needed.

Usually on my wheeling trips I take enough equipment to get me through a couple days of comfortable living. A lot depends on the terrain and anticipated weather. I've always assumed I would shelter in place so these aren't necessarily for hiking out.

Sleeping bag
    1-2 days of MREs
    2.5-5 gallons of water
    Head to foot rain clothes
    Tent

Eventually, a firearm of some type will be added
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

a knife and a twelve pack six to get you into trouble and the other six to get you out
    85 4 runner that's just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

So far, I have yet to see atrail that I couldn't walk out of in a couple of hours. Hopefully one day I will see a trail that necessitates a survival pack.
    T.O.Y.O.T.A.<br />Take Off Your Oversized Tires Andy

mine is more along the lines of general emergency.

ive also started carrying all my medication, including a round of antibiotics (that i swap out before the expiration date) and pain killers. also, i carry duct tape and some papertowels. you can make a better bandage out of that than anything. i also carry extra batteries, a flash light, a glow stick (incase i run into an emergency rave),
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    I'll elaborate on what I have now and what I eventually plan on having, later.
    since i've seen your BOB kit, let me describe your kit to all our members for you:

Motion Lotion

The Three Amigos

Clear tube

The Gerbil Kit---complete with free "insertion" boy

The Best of Rosemary Clooney's Show Tunes

beoooooootch!

signed,
    the one and only BOB

What no condoms? What about safe sex? TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12