Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fire Extinguishers

Re: Fire Extinguishers

Just thought I would retouch on this topic, as winter approaches, and a lot of people tie thier wheeling into camping, which almost always requires a big fire in the winter.

I personally carry one BC Marine Grade Extinguisher in the rig, mounted on the floor right under my drivers seat, for easy access. I also carry one in the tow rig, and one or two on the trailer.

Overkill? Probably. But if you have a fire, you'll be glad its there.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

I dont think its overkill.
    I have one in front of each front seat and one in the rear passanger area.
    With plans on putting one back in the cargo area as soon as i do the roll bar mod.
    Cant be to safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    Just thought I would retouch on this topic, as winter approaches, and a lot of people tie thier wheeling into camping, which almost always requires a big fire in the winter.

I personally carry one BC Marine Grade Extinguisher in the rig, mounted on the floor right under my drivers seat, for easy access. I also carry one in the tow rig, and one or two on the trailer.

Overkill? Probably. But if you have a fire, you'll be glad its there.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

I have (2) in my Tundra and (2) on my trail rig, a big honnking one at my house and (2) big honking ones at the shop...maybe (3).

I have three at home, my job has one everywhere. Crap I only have 1 in the truck better get 1 of these.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

found this thread while researching. im looking at buying one of these and mounting it up front somewhere. http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...227&lpage=none

whats everyones thoughts on the ability's of a small one like this in arms reach? alternatively im looking at a 5lb size mounted in the cargo area, but that would take some time to get at if needed in a hurry. and yes both would be nice haha but im not leaning toward being that prepared.

That one looks like my extinguisher, but different color. Just making sure your fuel and wiring are in good shape, is probably better then any extinguisher. Still having one on hand and a Battery disconnect, will posibly save your vehicle.

i ended up buying that extinguisher from lowes today and a cheapo battery disconnect at harbor freight that might fit my battery post. the extinguisher looks like a good size. its a bit bigger then some of the ones aimed at the auto market. its pretty cheaply made but im confident it can work for its ten seconds of glory if need be.

"soda" can shown for size reference

Troy that is the same one I run in my 84 trail rig, and I feel confident that it'll do the job, and just having it is the best fire preventer around... but you know, that ONE TRIP you leave it at home, its gonna burn.... so mount it in there!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

mounted. for those with nice rigs there is some very small holes drilled through the carpet. if you removed it, you wouldnt be able to see the holes unless you were looking for them.

haha my poor passenger always gets the short end of the stick, but the bottle and the CB don't interfere with where your legs would be normally

4runnerchevy brought up a great point about a battery disconnect. i bought one at harbor freight and it broke while i was installing it. the silver one pictured installed, came from autozone. its very heavy duty. the broken harbo r freight one is pictured so people know what to avoid. its sold all over the internet and a very poor design.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123