Thread: Dually Recovery Vehicle

Dually Recovery Vehicle

I finally got to test out my new Superwinch EPi9.0...

...A dumbass friend-of-a-friend decided to go muddin after we had about 12 inches of rainfall last week. Initially his truck was sitting at a 45* angle, and about half underwater (Water up to the bottom of the windshield).

After a week of the ground drying out, and trying with no luck to pull the truck out with my friend's 87 full-size Blazer - they called for the BIG GUNS!!!!

...THE TOYOTA!!!
    Edit Rocko: Fixed Text Formatting

After winching out that Diesel Chevy Dually, I am 100% confident that my winch can get my Tacoma out of anything I get myself into!
    ~Jamie<br />2000 TRD 4WD PreRunner, 3.4L V-6, Rear Locker,<br />TRD Gen. I Supercharger, URD Fuel Kit, Hayden 679, <br />IPT Valve Body Upgrade, Deckplate Mod, Airaid MIT, <br />URD 2.2&quot; Pulley, TRDOLMAN Magnaflow Exhaust, <br />Inchworm &quot;Lefty&quot; T-Case, FROR Twin Sticks,<br />DR CoilOvers, Camburg UCA&#039;s, 32 x 11.50 STT&#039;s, <br />15x8 AR Teflon Mojave&#039;s, Demello Sliders, Demello Skid-Plate,<br />4xInnovations Front Bumper, and Tailgate / Spare Carrier<br />...and a lot of other stuff

Re: Dually Recovery Vehicle

Nice work!! Is that synthetic on your winch? Give us some stats!!
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

As you wish!

It's Synthetic

www.winchline.com

• Superwinch EPi9.0 Winch
    • 3/8" x 100' Synthetic Viking Combo Line w/ Winch Safety Thimble
    • Spidertrax Aluminum Hawse Fairlead
    • Superwinch Snatch Block
    • 3/8" x 50' Synthetic Viking Trail Line Extension
    • 3/4" Shackle
    • Winchline Recovery Bag

ALL THAT SHIPPED FOR $1064.06

~Jamie<br />2000 TRD 4WD PreRunner, 3.4L V-6, Rear Locker,<br />TRD Gen. I Supercharger, URD Fuel Kit, Hayden 679, <br />IPT Valve Body Upgrade, Deckplate Mod, Airaid MIT, <br />URD 2.2&quot; Pulley, TRDOLMAN Magnaflow Exhaust, <br />Inchworm &quot;Lefty&quot; T-Case, FROR Twin Sticks,<br />DR CoilOvers, Camburg UCA&#039;s, 32 x 11.50 STT&#039;s, <br />15x8 AR Teflon Mojave&#039;s, Demello Sliders, Demello Skid-Plate,<br />4xInnovations Front Bumper, and Tailgate / Spare Carrier<br />...and a lot of other stuff

After all the damage you buddy did to his C-30 diesel, a tow job would have looked cheep to him now. The winch would have even been cheaper than the tow. Oh well, live and learn!! LOL TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

wow and that dually is for sale all dirty like that now?
    -David<br /><br />2000 Taco TRD Access Cab<br />v6 | 5spd | 33&quot; BFG A/Ts on 15x10 alloy | 33&quot; PC Mud Terrains on 15x8 black steel | 3&quot; Susp. Lift | OME 882&#039;s | Bilstein HD struts front | Rancho shocks rear | Chevy leaf spring swap | Custom sliders | Custom front bumper |3&quot; BL | U-Bolt flip | Flowmaster exhaust | Uniden CB | Firestik II | Dual Hella Black Magic&#039;s | Maglite Mod | Kenwood Speakers | Grey Wire Mod | Aux. Reverse Lights | Deckplate Mod<br /><br />Pictures

Was the dually forsale before he got it stuck or after he got stuck??.....lol

soap box on....

Doubling back your winch rope with a block would be another option in this case for more pulling power if the first try failed....With a heavy rig like that....Using a block is saver and takes some stress off your winch....Another tip....It is always a good idea to remain in the rig while winching with you foot on the brake....i wouldn't want to stand near the line with a load like that one! Heavy blanket is also a good idea to keep the line from going to far if it fails.... .02

soap box off...

I would have just got the backhoe out and the chain!

Nice pull!!!!
    Cheers!!!<br /><br />~Nic~<br /><br />Sierra Expeditions<br />www.sierraexpeditions.com<br />1-866-507-4254<br /><br />Slightly Modified 2001 Dbl Cab Tacoma<br />Bantam BT3-C Expedition Trailer

I could never leave my rig in the water for a week. You could rent a back hoe the next day and tug it out.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Old thread revival guys! Fun times though. Amazingly that diesel doesnt look that muddy, there was a LOT more mud in my '84 after a weekend in the rain at Tellico for the Spring FLing with Tube doors on. lol
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE