Re: Catalytic Converter Stolen

+

+

=

Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

I guess we are gonna have to weld padlocks to our cats. Dont forget the security drainplugs on your gas tank, and locking gas caps. While we are at it maybe security plugs on our drainpans, x-fer cases, diffs, and trannies.

Oh crap is our coolant safe ?

I say kill em'all.

A couple months ago one of the machinists at work had his cat stolen out of his 2wd nissan truck while he was at church. Then, about a month later he had the cat stolen out of his wife's 2nd gen 4runner at her work.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    I guess we are gonna have to weld padlocks to our cats. Dont forget the security drainplugs on your gas tank, and locking gas caps. While we are at it maybe security plugs on our drainpans, x-fer cases, diffs, and trannies.
    I'd just put a tack weld on the gas tank drain . . .
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    Hopefully empty and free of fumes

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    Quote Originally Posted by corax
    Hopefully empty and free of fumes

Actually it's better if the tank is full of fuel, with no air space........ There's no chance for ignition.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

We purge with Argon anytime we weld on tanks at work. I still would not weld on my tank full of fuel. This is just my personnal preference.

one of our local news stations did a story in catalytic converter theft. I was shocked that during the report they stated that toytoa 4runners and trucks were prime targets due to their ground clearance. ****Captain Obvious here... why tell the tweekers the best vehicle to hit? Kinda like saying the THP is going to have road blocks tonight to catch drunk drivers then tell where they are gonna be......
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

Couple weeks ago some asshole slashed one of my tires forcing me to replace all the tires earlier than I had planned since if I needed to do one might as well do them all. Now another jacksass has taken my cat. Stole it from an apartment complex parking lot. . . Only 4runner in the lot. Must have stuck out like a sore thumb to a cat thief. Thieves suck.

Anyway anyone know how much it'll cost to replace the thing? Aftermarket? OEM? This sucks. Not like I have the money to keep throwing away in this economy.

previous owner of my 4runner had his cat stolen in the LA area as well. not much you can do really

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast