Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A new alternative to flares.

Re: A new alternative to flares.

I've got a set of TurboFlares which are similar to these. Used them a few times, including marking a Medevac LZ at night.

I know this is an old thread, but I just saw a vendor selling these things at TDS last week. They do look pretty trick and are way bright in the dark.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by Tankota
    I know this is an old thread, but I just saw a vendor selling these things at TDS last week. They do look pretty trick and are way bright in the dark.
    How much were they going for?
    My signature

Someone always has to come up with some idea that takes the fun out of using something. In this case it sems to be flares, I think lighting a flare is enjoyable and should be experienced by everyone. One more thing technology has taken from us. I say stand up for what we know is right, lighting flares. Forget the ozone and light one today. Write your congressman and have them outlaw these LED techno thingies.

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    How much were they going for?
    You know I really don't remember. I say them when I was buying a super siphon from a vendor.
    If you've never used a super siphon before you definitely need to get one of those things too. Its on of my favorite little gadgets ever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    Someone always has to come up with some idea that takes the fun out of using something. In this case it seems to be flares, I think lighting a flare is enjoyable and should be experienced by everyone. One more thing technology has taken from us. I say stand up for what we know is right, lighting flares. Forget the ozone and light one today. Write your congressman and have them outlaw these LED techno thingies.
    Oh I'll still have fun lighting flairs, I just don't like hanging them on my backpack when I'm lost in the desert. Ill just continue enjoying lighting my regular flairs and slinging them at passing cars

Just kidding, I've never done that :P
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Too funny

let me guess...your the guy who lights them at the scene of an accident with fuel/liquids leaking out of the vehicle...hahaha

those are some pretty cool flares, a bunch of friends have them and they are awesome on the interstate.
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

hehe, thats another plus about these about these goofy new led things that I hadnt even thaught of.
    They wont light things on fire.

i need a set that i can stap to my chest and then come into the bedroom when my wife is sleeping and she can think she was abducted by aliens and "probed"
    85 4 runner that&#39;s just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

Quote Originally Posted by Tankota
    hehe, thats another plus about these about these goofy new led things that I hadnt even thaught of.
    They wont light things on fire.
    Doesn't that suck !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast