Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another mod resigns from YT...

Re: Yet another mod resigns from YT...

I'll chime in on this. I'll start off by saying that I do in fact have a yotatech sticker on my truck and I have been a member (not contributing) of the forum for over a year. I've learned a lot and my 4runner's undergone several changes since joining, but I'm now beginning to get that bored feeling with YT. No, this doesn't mean I don't like it and no the sticker will not be coming off my truck. I just feel that YT is a good starting place for those interested or possibly interested in wheeling. It can get you pretty far along on the road to your "dream rig", but it can really only do that, get you started. It has a lot of knowledge about topics, but I feel it's limited to only certain topics, specifically repeats of the same kinds of SAS, tires, and the "cheapest lift to fit xx" tires". I've noticed I frequent UY more and more because in my honest opinion, UY has the organization that YT is lacking severely. It seems to have grown to fast to weed out the misinformation and repeated threads and it will take a lot of work to be brought back under control. Feel free to comment/criticize what I've said, it's just the honest opinion of an 18 year old.

-Casey
    -Casey-<br />94 4runner 4x4 SOLD<br />99 4runner Limited

I web wheel every day too. My intent was to say that I don't know all the dirt because other than moderating where it needs to be done, I spend less time hanging out on the forum recreationally. There is truly nothing wrong with web wheeling or regular wheeling. All I was trying to say was that since I do have a truck and a club that requires a lot of attention I am not always privy to the behind the scenes reasons as to why ex mods made the decisions they did.

That was all I was saying. I am sorry if you took it as a put down. It was not meant to be in any way.
    Molly <br />aka Lysmachia<br />93 4 Runner SAS - in THREE Tone Goodness

Quote Originally Posted by traben27
    I've noticed I frequent UY more and more because in my honest opinion, UY has the organization that YT is lacking severely. It seems to have grown to fast to weed out the misinformation and repeated threads and it will take a lot of work to be brought back under control. Feel free to comment/criticize what I've said, it's just the honest opinion of an 18 year old.

-Casey
    You get the award for "Smartest damned 18 year old of the Year" The organization you spoke of left the impotent dictatorship at YT and we started this place.

Thanks for the astute observation. Validates what we've said all along

Quote Originally Posted by Lysmachia
    I web wheel every day too. My intent was to say that I don't know all the dirt because other than moderating where it needs to be done, I spend less time hanging out on the forum recreationally. There is truly nothing wrong with web wheeling or regular wheeling. All I was trying to say was that since I do have a truck and a club that requires a lot of attention I am not always privy to the behind the scenes reasons as to why ex mods made the decisions they did.

That was all I was saying. I am sorry if you took it as a put down. It was not meant to be in any way.
    good thing you posted that then!! thanks for the non info!!
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

I guess I'll take my toys and go home now? c'mon guys. Toyota is a community. We should be fighting with Isuzu's or something...
    Molly <br />aka Lysmachia<br />93 4 Runner SAS - in THREE Tone Goodness

I'll chime in on this. I'll start off by saying that I do in fact have a yotatech sticker on my truck and I have been a member (not contributing) of the forum for over a year. I've learned a lot and my 4runner's undergone several changes since joining, but I'm now beginning to get that bored feeling with YT. No, this doesn't mean I don't like it and no the sticker will not be coming off my truck. I just feel that YT is a good starting place for those interested or possibly interested in wheeling. It can get you pretty far along on the road to your "dream rig", but it can really only do that, get you started.
    Search the fab tech section. It's updated all the time. A lot of the same posted threads here are also over there including at TTORA. "Get you started" is an major understatement. Almost anyone can easily learn how to SAS by searching there. Show me where UT is any different.

It has a lot of knowledge about topics, but I feel it's limited to only certain topics, specifically repeats of the same kinds of SAS, tires, and the "cheapest lift to fit xx" tires".
    Really? Can you please share what kind of SAS is better than the "repeats" of what you've seen there?
    Have you read all the threads posted by the very same staff that created UT? TONS of info is there and always will be. Repeats are a great thing. If it's newbish, it (finally) gets moved.

I've noticed I frequent UY more and more because in my honest opinion, UY has the organization that YT is lacking severely. It seems to have grown to fast to weed out the misinformation and repeated threads and it will take a lot of work to be brought back under control. Feel free to comment/criticize what I've said, it's just the honest opinion of an 18 year old.
    This is what pissed me off for alomst a year and why i wanted to help. If you haven't noticed, you can see what i've been doing there almost every night. Things are and will be continually improving. The past dictatorship is gone.

Like i said before, its about the TOYOTA community! Sitting here and downplaying other forums shows absolutely nothing.

We all came here for the same reasons. So what matters more?

Wanna wheel? show something you made, changed, installed?

Damn.
    &#039;96-&#039;02 4runner<br />When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser-

What was said all along was about about a single person. Eventually it slowly became about midiwall and those of you afraid to admit it, WATRD.

Where are they now??? What a waste!

As mods, they did nothing for YT.

Get back to the point.

We all love 4runners, Tacomas, Toyotas, and Wheeling.

Please let the drama end. Let it die! Make it die!

&#039;96-&#039;02 4runner<br />When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser-

Quote Originally Posted by lee
    thanks for the non info!!
    So is the rest of this thread considered useful info? or did i miss something?

Transformers was a good movie.

Why dose this crap continue? We all drive the same truck.

You bring the drama and then want it to die? Maybe after I address a few things first.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket
    I'll chime in on this. I'll start off by saying that I do in fact have a yotatech sticker on my truck and I have been a member (not contributing) of the forum for over a year. I've learned a lot and my 4runner's undergone several changes since joining, but I'm now beginning to get that bored feeling with YT. No, this doesn't mean I don't like it and no the sticker will not be coming off my truck. I just feel that YT is a good starting place for those interested or possibly interested in wheeling. It can get you pretty far along on the road to your "dream rig", but it can really only do that, get you started.
    Search the fab tech section. It's updated all the time. A lot of the same posted threads here are also over there including at TTORA. "Get you started" is an major understatement. Almost anyone can easily learn how to SAS by searching there. Show me where UT is any different.
    For starters, it's UY, not UT. UltimateYota, not UltimateToyota...common mistake, but I digress.

The complaint about the content at YT now is a vaild one. I still lurk, but feel strongly about putting my posting efforts where the ownership has a common goal. The problem with YT starts at the top (PO) where in effect, he poisons moderators minds that we're the enemy. All the internet tough guy talk coming out of him is the justification for this statement. His ham-handed attempts to goat us into posting (when we do it's promptly deleted), are typically chock full of innuendo directed at us.

After you and Molly copy/paste our comments on the subject back over there in staff, no doubt another comment or two will be concocted on your home board.

BTW, you can't possibly mean search the fab section. You must mean browse - since the search isn't worth shit over there.

It has a lot of knowledge about topics, but I feel it's limited to only certain topics, specifically repeats of the same kinds of SAS, tires, and the "cheapest lift to fit xx" tires".
    Really? Can you please share what kind of SAS is better than the "repeats" of what you've seen there?
    Have you read all the threads posted by the very same staff that created UT? TONS of info is there and always will be. Repeats are a great thing. If it's newbish, it (finally) gets moved.
    Again, if browsing the New Posts since searching is spotty at best, he's right on with the theme and tone of the board over there. As a mod, it's not just moving posts to the right spots, it's posting in those threads and not only offering tech, but guiding those newbish members to add to existing threads rather than add to the index with extra additional new threads that serve no purpose. I realize since the search sucks that this is tough to enforce, but maybe some thread merges by the mods can help stem the tide of garbage. We made a practice of deleting NVA posts. NVA = No Value Added. That's also sorely needed.

The ground we laid is still there, with good structure and tech, but I fear much of it has been buried in anonymity due to the search issues. What really needs to happen is go back to Mid Feb of this year and start going through threads from there.

This is what pissed me off for almost a year and why i wanted to help. If you haven't noticed, you can see what I've been doing there almost every night. Things are and will be continually improving. The past dictatorship is gone.

Like i said before, its about the TOYOTA community! Sitting here and downplaying other forums shows absolutely nothing.

We all came here for the same reasons. So what matters more?

Wanna wheel? show something you made, changed, installed?

Damn.
    Unfortunately it takes a sizable team of moderators with a like mindset to moderate a place with as much traffic as YT - not just one eager beaver. Molly has been clear that wheeling comes first and that she just doesn't have the time to devote to it. So that leaves yo and the other two newbie mods. You need a team of 12-15 mods for a place that size. Unfortunately, your admin is a control freak on top of all of his detriments, so good luck getting the help you need. Keep in mind, your "leader" is not above moderation. If you see him spewing stupidity, censor him. He posts without much thought a lot of times.

It IS about TOYOTA community. We're all about that here. We also firmly believe that folks should take it upon themselves to evaluate the quality of the information and make their own choices about where and what they post. We don't censor our members and we've got our shit together.

I, for one, don't take kindly to you coming in here and berating a member for speaking his mind. His opinions are valid, but are just that, opinions (that he's entitled to) He's made his decision and doesn't need to be brow beaten about it. Not all of us drank the kool-aid. I hope you have a moment of clarity to see the big picture - but, blind ambition gets stuff accomplished too. Good Luck in your new role.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

What was said all along was about a single person. Eventually it slowly became about midiwall and those of you afraid to admit it, WATRD.

Where are they now??? What a waste!

As mods, they did nothing for YT.

Get back to the point.

We all love 4runners, Tacomas, Toyotas, and Wheeling.

Please let the drama end. Let it die! Make it die!
    It's easy to be critical of past staff because, let's face it - it's easy to pass blame on those no longer around. I like and respect WATRD despite that not being a popular opinion around here. Midiwall on the other hand came in here, guns blazing and has done a nice job burning a bridge. As far as their effectiveness - meh, not many here paid close enough attention to give a valid evaluation.

Unfortunately for the YT community, this all comes back to suspect decision making capability. It starts at the top with a warped sense of self-impotence, err I mean importance, and over inflated view of self worth.

If there was an ounce of humility and a functioning moral compass from your admin, we might actually all be on YT talking about other stuff.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast