Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another mod resigns from YT...

Re: Yet another mod resigns from YT...

Quote Originally Posted by rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    thanks for the non info!!
    So is the rest of this thread considered useful info? or did i miss something?

Transformers was a good movie.

Why dose this crap continue? We all drive the same truck.
    We don't censor our members - there' a line, but it's fuzzy. Plus, it's an OT thread, so who cares where it goes?

Glad Transformers is good. It is sitting here from Netflix waiting to be watched.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

what i really like about this place over the other, is that IF a member here, does have an issue with a mod, that mod doesnt ban the member, that mod doesnt "edit" the members post, the member here can speak freely, we can say what we want (within reason) and IMO thats huge.....
    This is why Im here, that and the great amount of knowleage that the members/staff here have and share

After you and Molly copy/paste our comments on the subject back over there in staff, no doubt another comment or two will be concocted on your home board.
    I know that molly does this, so please Erik dont sink to her level, your better than that, Ive met you, Ive wheeled with you, you are a better person, or ya use to be, Ive havent wheeled with in in awhile.. dont let it go to your head.

Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Ive pretty much stayed out of this thread but now im getting mad. Rocket dude no offense, but werent you on the same line we were before you even started to mod there?

now you are telling us to give up and not figure out what is going on?

thats like telling someone "DUDE DONT VOTE, OUR PRESIDENT LOVES US, HE WONT MAKE US PAY FOR ANYTHING WE DONT HAVE TO.... PFFFFFT BULL####"

how i feel the contributions over there is, where the hell is it going? why is all of this change happening and happpening so fast.

done!
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

The drama is over poor decision making and the inability of people to stay quiet.

Decisions were made by other people in other places at other times. The rub is not because of the trucks we drive, it is because of the decisions that were made.

I have never had some many posts deleted as I have there.

Honestly, why come here under the guise of "truth dissemination"? I am confident none of those speaking know wholly what happened, me included. I know enough from people I trust to make a decision. I am not am ambassador.

There is a rift, it is real and it is fine. We don't have to be friends with all the people all the time so long as there are REAL reasons for action. I can sleep at night.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

All hands on deck to the lounge...http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...6&topic=2819.0
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    You bring the drama and then want it to die? Maybe after I address a few things first.
    I brought drama? wow come on..if anything i'm wishing to stop it.

The complaint about the content at YT now is a vaild one. I still lurk, but feel strongly about putting my posting efforts where the ownership has a common goal. The problem with YT starts at the top (PO) where in effect, he poisons moderators minds that we're the enemy. All the internet tough guy talk coming out of him is the justification for this statement. His ham-handed attempts to goat us into posting (when we do it's promptly deleted), are typically chock full of innuendo directed at us.
    So, what does this have to do with a community that loves our trucks? The issue you have is about Corey. I've stayed out of it because it's NOT what brought us together. The YT "complaint" here has evolved a few times and it's getting old. It started out with Corey and is now about the forum as a whole.

After you and Molly copy/paste our comments on the subject back over there in staff, no doubt another comment or two will be concocted on your home board.
    I could care less about posting anything said here over there. It's all drama. Personal drama.
    I'm there to help, not spread conflicts that create borders between a common interest.

BTW, you can't possibly mean search the fab section. You must mean browse - since the search isn't worth shizzle over there.
    Yes, referring to the 18 year old with no concept on whats actually there...and his "repeats of the same kinds of SAS". Funny stuff.
    &#039;96-&#039;02 4runner<br />When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser-

Again, if browsing the New Posts since searching is spotty at best, he's right on with the theme and tone of the board over there. As a mod, it's not just moving posts to the right spots, it's posting in those threads and not only offering tech, but guiding those newbish members to add to existing threads rather than add to the index with extra additional new threads that serve no purpose. I realize since the search sucks that this is tough to enforce, but maybe some thread merges by the mods can help stem the tide of garbage. We made a practice of deleting NVA posts. NVA = No Value Added. That's also sorely needed.

The ground we laid is still there, with good structure and tech, but I fear much of it has been buried in anonymity due to the search issues. What really needs to happen is go back to Mid Feb of this year and start going through threads from there.
    This is exactly what i'm constantly fixing and care about the most. In due time the changes will be seen. Again, it's for the Yota love i have and nothing else.

Unfortunately it takes a sizable team of moderators with a like mindset to moderate a place with as much traffic as YT - not just one eager beaver. Molly has been clear that wheeling comes first and that she just doesn't have the time to devote to it. So that leaves yo and the other two newbie mods. You need a team of 12-15 mods for a place that size. Unfortunately, your admin is a control freak on top of all of his detriments, so good luck getting the help you need. Keep in mind, your "leader" is not above moderation. If you see him spewing stupidity, censor him. He posts without much thought a lot of times.
    It takes someone who genuinely cares, planting a solid structure and weeding out
    the problem areas...something that Bob practically did alone for a very long time. I intend to keep it the same but have A LOT of catching up to do. The forum and it's members will always be my highest priority.

It IS about TOYOTA community. We're all about that here. We also firmly believe that folks should take it upon themselves to evaluate the quality of the information and make their own choices about where and what they post. We don't censor our members and we've got our shizzle together.
    Agreed. I'm no different than you and in due time, TOF will be on track like it was 2 years ago. Stay tuned.

&#039;96-&#039;02 4runner<br />When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser-

I, for one, don't take kindly to you coming in here and berating a member for speaking his mind. His opinions are valid, but are just that, opinions (that he's entitled to) He's made his decision and doesn't need to be brow beaten about it. Not all of us drank the kool-aid. I hope you have a moment of clarity to see the big picture - but, blind ambition gets stuff accomplished too. Good Luck in your new role.
    I asked questions. and very valid questions which i hope i'm entitled to as well.

BTW, try some Kombucha, it's good for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    Ive pretty much stayed out of this thread but now im getting mad. Rocket dude no offense, but werent you on the same line we were before you even started to mod there?
    Absolutely not. Since the beginning, I've been pissed off at the lack of information that STILL exists today. 99% of it is now obvious, but the real reason is still uncounted for. It's like some big secret that has never, not once been openly expressed.

I look at it like this: Move on or tell full the story. If your going to stick up for whatever the hell your sticking up for then say it in pain English. On the other hand, i respect the decision and really don't care. But don't make it out to be one thing and then help evolve it into another.

now you are telling us to give up and not figure out what is going on?
    I'm saying to give up the bashing of another forum. Stop the puss talk. Stop the hate.
    It was NEVER allowed there before...the very same mods here would ban or warn you at YT for bashing other forums.
    I can't believe it's ok to do it here. Very ironic.

thats like telling someone "DUDE DONT VOTE, OUR PRESIDENT LOVES US, HE WONT MAKE US PAY FOR ANYTHING WE DONT HAVE TO.... PFFFFFT
    BULL####"
    yep, it's pretty sad.

Rocket, didn't you post early on about how you were surprised that Molly became a YT moderator when in fact she was also a staff member of TTORA? Something to the tune of "I could write a damn chapter about everything i see happening but for now i'll just watch it all unfold."?

It's really funny how your tune has dramatically changed now that you're a YT staff. Strange how your views can suddenly get clouded. I'm also surprised at the fact that you're still debating these comments that our members are making. If you really want the drama to end why post? I mean considering how this thread was pretty much dead for some time I'm surprised that one post by a fellow UY member complaining about email spam lead to a YT staff to comment back. If you really think about it, if nobody posted back besides the UY member complaining about spam, this current episode of tension would have never erupted into anything.

I will end with one comment. Yes having accurate tech is valuable but it's nothing compared to the camaraderie and friendship that we offer. We believe that the personal interactions help bridge the gap that the world wide web lacks. Anyone can google stuff they need to find but it's the personal interactions that drives our membership to grow. We value our community and we respect them highly. This is the biggest difference between our community and others. I'm sure there are other communities out there that are similar to ours but we continue to strive for higher standards ensuring the best experience possible for our community.

Good luck to you at YT on rebuilding the business. It will be an uphill battle for you since the foundation has been severely diminished but I am certain over time with the right staff YT will recover. Time will only tell.
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast