Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another mod resigns from YT...

Re: Yet another mod resigns from YT...

I have a student who's last name is Bone.

At first I thought it was a funny guy, but I checked the roster and Ham Bone is in fact someone I know.

Additionally, when my cousin went to Afghanistan there was a Navy woman who's last name was Guzzler. Do you know how they called her over the PA?

Seaman Guzzler. You can't change that.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

lol @ Seaman Guzzler! Damn, and I thought a guy in High School named Palmer Finger was bad!
    -andy

Bummer about YT. It did used to be the shiznit. Oh well.

I worked with a Marine officer with the last name Dick. He was a Major......Seriously hoping to make LT Col. I would mess with him and say

"So Major Dick, what do your Marines think of you?" Same reply every time. "F'in Squid"

All joking aside he was an awesome leader!
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

...and what a good way to segue into my point: Leadership and integrity. YT lacks leadership because of who is at the helm. I don't make any bones about that at all. For the last 4-5 years, the people who were there since the beginning know who really ran the place and made it into what it is (or was) from the front end development, community development, content development, etc. But most of all, the mods like myself, Mike, Lance, Steve, Tom and our other good friends like Bamachem, Oly, etc who stuck by us and all left and started this place had the integrity to leave because the dicktater (haha...i am gonna buy that guy a huge beer) over there at YT lacked integrity, the moral fiber to moderate fairly, and abide by the principles he set up. The affable, frontman persona is not what it seems.

Perhaps that is what WATRD and Midiwall discovered that too? I wonder if they'd like to contribute to this discussion?

Bob

Bob you said it. YT would simply not be what it is today without what you, Mike, Lance, Steve, and Tom did.

Corey is a tool, simple as that, and I think that's exactly what Rob and Mark found out personally.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

oh well, at least i can sell some shiznit over there
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

love fest aside, its quite sad how one person can nuke an entire organization. my feeling is that YT's content can only carry it so much longer. its the community and the tech knowledge that helps a site grow. hopefully who are still over there will realize that like many of you guys have already.

...which is to say "thanks to all who have supported us from the get go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
    ...and what a good way to segue into my point: Leadership and integrity....
    Bob
    THat did make for a good bridge-in.

But some great points have been made here.

It is the very fact that even though I do not always agree with some of calls that are made even here, an open dialog to voice that disagreement exists. I have exercised this and at no time felt the threat of being banned. That is huge to me.

________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

i just checked the thread on TOF and man, there is some ass-smooching going on over there!!! lol... newbies...
    -andy

Funny...corey chimes in but completely ignores Rocko's points...

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast