Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tire & Rim Combo

Tire & Rim Combo

stock truck and usually not very agressive off roading but i need to replace tires on my rig soon so I was thinking and also looking at diff rims as well and the Teflon Mojaves.

But will 16x8 work on a stock rig? Or will I have to go 16x7?
    Or is there another good brand of tire with a decent offroad meat and city driving?

So I'm looking at these tires:
    062340:Bridgestone - Dueler A/T P235/70R16 104S
    http://www.tiretrends.com/include/get_image.php?id=221

And these rims:
    ATX Series - Mojave Teflon 16x8 6x139.7 0mm (Teflon)
    http://www.wheelsforless.com/America...lon_Mojave.htm

or

American Racing - Baja Polished 16x8 6x139.7 0 Polished C$ 128.52
    http://www.tiretrends.com/wheel_cata...p3?wheelID=662

Re: Tire & Rim Combo

Light color w/dark wheels, dark color with light wheels (IMHO)

As far as tires, you'll hear the two camps - Revo and BFG AT. I'm a BFG guy, but the tires you linked to look pretty decent.

2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    Light color w/dark wheels, dark color with light wheels (IMHO)

As far as tires, you'll hear the two camps - Revo and BFG AT. I'm a BFG guy, but the tires you linked to look pretty decent.

Yah I have the odd silver color for my truck hence why i was thinking of the mojaves.

The Mojave Teflons would be sick. I really like those rims. With the 16x8 i would not run a 235. Kinda narrow. If i was you, i would go with the 16x8 Mojave Teflons and a 255/65/16 tire. Damn near the exact same size as the 235's just a bit wider. Both the REVO and the BFG A/T are available in that size. BFG if you want a more offroad oriented tire(3 ply sidewall) and the REVO if that isnt as important.(2 ply sidewall) I have the REVO's on my Touareg for my winter/mild offroad setup and i love them.
    Any of you like Guns? Hit me up for great prices! www.gunsupfirearms.com

Quote Originally Posted by xonetruthcrewx
    The Mojave Teflons would be sick. I really like those rims. With the 16x8 i would not run a 235. Kinda narrow. If i was you, i would go with the 16x8 Mojave Teflons and a 255/65/16 tire. Damn near the exact same size as the 235's just a bit wider. Both the REVO and the BFG A/T are available in that size. BFG if you want a more offroad oriented tire(3 ply sidewall) and the REVO if that isnt as important.(2 ply sidewall) I have the REVO's on my Touareg for my winter/mild offroad setup and i love them.
    Ooops didn't mean to post the 235... there should be no problems in running a stock size of 265/70R16 or how about a 265/75R16?

REVO's are great, but you might want to look at the Nitto terra grapplers. I've had great luck with mine for the last year and they are pretty quiet on the streets.

265/70 (stock) or 265/75 should have no problems on a 16x8 rim.
    Diamond HP8 SAS / FROR Full Float Rear / DIY F&R bumper / Nitto 285s / Gen1 SC (in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by firebane
    Ooops didn't mean to post the 235... there should be no problems in running a stock size of 265/70R16 or how about a 265/75R16?
    Alright, that sounds better. 265/70/16 for sure. 265/75/16 if your rig a 2000 or lower. 2001 and 2002 were lower than the previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by xonetruthcrewx
    Alright, that sounds better. 265/70/16 for sure. 265/75/16 if your rig a 2000 or lower. 2001 and 2002 were lower than the previous years.
    Yah mines a 99 SR5 4wd

Go for the 265/75/16 combo. You should be good to go. The 99 had the highest stock suspension out of all of them.

i ran my 265/75 pro comp m/t's on stock 16x7's before i did my lift. all i had to trim was a tiny tiny bit of inner fender with a razor, i have a 2000.
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast