Thread: help needed, adjustable trac bar length for SS #1 lift

help needed, adjustable trac bar length for SS #1 lift

I am hours away from home installing my sonoran steel #1 lift at a friends house and i forgot a couple pages of the instructions at home. Can someone help me out and let me know the length that the adj. trac bar has to be set to for the #1 lift (fzj80 coils). Thanks!
    Joe<br /><br />1997 4runner limited<br />Sonoran Steel #1 lift, 1&quot; 4crawler bl, LC wheels, 295 Terra Grapplers, deckplate, satoshi grille, extended rear diff breather...

Re: help needed, adjustable trac bar length for SS #1 lift

is it on Steve's site that it can be looked up?

I will do some searching for you as I have found myself in simular situations....
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

I checked the site, i dont think its out there. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Joe<br /><br />1997 4runner limited<br />Sonoran Steel #1 lift, 1&quot; 4crawler bl, LC wheels, 295 Terra Grapplers, deckplate, satoshi grille, extended rear diff breather...

Just tried to call Steve. No answer. He must either be on the trails or in bed already.

No luck with the searching either.

It is my opinion though that if you set the new bar to around a half inch longer than the stock one. It will be fine until you get the specified measurement from your directions or Steve himself. It should not be significantly enough difference to cause any issues for street driving.

Then just unbolt one end and set it up properly by supporting the rear of the Runner on jack stands (on frame) and a floor jack under the diff on the rear axle so you can easily move it from side to side to bolt it back up.

For now just put in on there a bit longer than stock and check between the gas tank skid plate and the drive shaft(at the diff end) for clearance.

Hope this help some.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

I just went out to the garage and measured mine with OME 3" lift coils which I am sure you know are a bit shorter than your 80's.

It measured 37" exactly from center of bolt to center of bolt. So if you did this for now it would be fine until you get the proper measurement.

Just checked my sheet and the lengths are as follows:

3" lift=37 1/4"
    4" lift=37 5/16"

Hope this helps.
    1998 4Runner, Evergreen, 5 spd, E-locker, full synthetic fluids, 235/85/16 AT tires

Cool that means we were in the ball park pretty close with our measurements. Thanks for setting that strait for us.