Thread: So Cal burning again....

So Cal burning again....

Our favorite trails in Big Bear are in trouble....

http://rimoftheworld.net/columns/news/western

Map of the fire zone...Hanna Flats campground is gone, and I understand Holcomb Valley is burned

You can see 3N16 at the bottom of the burn map

1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Re: So Cal burning again....

Not good times for our wheeling areas or the locals.

Julian is having some hard times right now also and they say it will be at least Tuesday until they have that one under control.

I think we will have a lot of trail repair days coming up in our future!
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

looks like its time to get in touch with the tree planters, etc.

every time i see smoke over the mountains, i cringe. planes were flying nonstop out of the old Norton AFB (now san bernardino international airport) with fire retardant on friday and saturday morning (been out of town since sat morning)

im sure we will be organizing a run/cleanup/repair/planting, etc in the spring.

2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Damn that sucks balls. I am seriously sick of everything being burned. I just dont understand how people are so damned irresponsible. Assuming it was some retard who started the fire. The forest is supposed to be green people. Come on!
    Any of you like Guns? Hit me up for great prices! www.gunsupfirearms.com

the problem is we have had so little water the last 2 winters, while we had twice normal during late 04/early 05

there is just tons of dry fuel for fires. some of the earlier fires this summer were caused by lightening. i havent heard anything about these fires. either way, this is one more reason for the people to close down trails because they dont have the money to repair the trails.

btw, i can still hear planes every few minutes flying over the house on approach to the runway.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I live in Big Bear and it's not too bad. I hadn't heard about Holcomb yet though.

It's REALLY smoky today, the wind changed and the smoke is heading more into the valley. The fire is more visible as of last night, previously, it was on the other side.

Fawnskin has been evacuated, but that is it at this time. I'm on the east side of the valley, so I'm not in too much danger.

Here is a link for those interested:
    http://www.bearvalleynews.com/bvn%20Butler2.htm

It's about 86% contained as of 8:30a this morning, but we are expecting winds later today and tomorrow. We have a chance of rain and possibly even snow, any wet weather could really help!!!