Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will this hood fit?/Progress update

Will this hood fit?/Progress update

Hey all I need a new hood and there's local guy on Craigslist selling one for $20 bucks. It's from an 89-95 truck, will it fit on a 93 4Runner?? I don't see why it wouldn't.
    Thoughts?
    --------------------<br />slowheelin - a.k.a. Robb<br />93 4Runner V6 5 speed | Procomp shocks | Marlin Crawler Clutch | BFG AT<br />(more to come)

Re: Will this hood fit?1

Did you find out if that hood would fit? If so that is a hell of a deal!
    My signature

Re: Will this hood fit?

For $20, I'd give a shot. The hood skin should be the same, but I dunno about the latches and whatnot.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

It should be a direct bolt in fit.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

I have it in the garage. My current hood has a rust spot on it and I figured that it was worth $20 to not have to deal with the rust. Besides we were gonna paint it black with marine paint and the new one is black already, still gonna do the marine paint though.
    --------------------<br />slowheelin - a.k.a. Robb<br />93 4Runner V6 5 speed | Procomp shocks | Marlin Crawler Clutch | BFG AT<br />(more to come)

The front ends of the 2nd gen. 4Runner and the 89-95 pickups should be inter-changable
    Big T

Haven't test fit it yet but the Rustoleum marine paint looks awesome so far. Two coats down two to go.

Here's what it looks like so far.

Re: Will this hood fit?/Progress update

Wish my hood looked that clean! lol. Mine is all dented with fading paint.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Re: Will this hood fit?/Progress update

We finally got around to finishing up the hood and putting it on.

Ta-da! Not bad for a $20 hood and about $30 in paint and supplies

Next up is the roof!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast