Thread: Lubing Upper Contol arm

Lubing Upper Contol arm

Does anyone know if the UCA has a zerk fitting for greasing? Or do you have to get as much grease as you can on the shaft next to the UCA bushings? I am getting a squeak from that area on the drivers side. The spray can grease only worked for a couple of weeks. I will probably buy a grease gun and a tube of synthetic grease to go at it.

Re: Lubing Upper Contol arm

The OEM UCA does not have a zerk fitting. Are you sure that is where it is coming from? The last time I had a squeak from that area ended up being the shock shaft on my SAWs causing the noise as they compressed. A couple of blasts of white lithium every couple of weeks on the shaft took care of it. (That "fix" came from Sway-a-way themselves.
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

Yeah I thought that may be the case. You know what, the last time I sprayed the grease on the UCA I also sprayed the upper coilover area as well. What I should do now is spray one area at a time to isolate the squeak.

So SAW recommended the lithium spray as a fix huh...

Quote Originally Posted by Bighead
    The OEM UCA does not have a zerk fitting. Are you sure that is where it is coming from? The last time I had a squeak from that area ended up being the shock shaft on my SAWs causing the noise as they compressed. A couple of blasts of white lithium every couple of weeks on the shaft took care of it. (That "fix" came from Sway-a-way themselves.

Yeah...they originally told me to use WD-40 or white lithium grease. So I sprayed some white lithium on there and wiped off the excess so it didn't goop up anywhere.
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

Use white (lithium) grease, the squeak will stay gone for much longer.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

I also checked the tightness of the nuts that secure the UCA shaft/pin. They were not torqued down all the way and sprayed lube on UCA assembly. Thanks for your help guys.

i was going to suggest checking any and all nuts/bolts/pins/etc in that area because covering a squeak up doesnt mean you've solved it, and something usually squeaks when there is an issue to be addressed.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i