Thread: XM Radia SureConnect

XM Radia SureConnect

My old RoadyXT died awhile ago and I finally got around to getting a replacement for the 4runner. It still has the stock stereo system, so I used to just always use the fm modulator to listen. Well now they have these stupid little things called the xm sureconnect that actually attaches to the antenna to be able to listen to it through the radio.

Well guess what? It isn't compatible with automatic retracting antennas, go figure! It mentions something about it being professionally hardwired if you have one of these type of antennas. Does anyone know anything about this? I couldn't really find any info online how to hardwire it.

This thing has me pissed off, I miss my old roady xt. I could leave it on in the van at work and pick it up on my work radio on the job. I guess that's not going to happen now.

Anyways, if anyone knows how to hardwire this thing, I'd appreciate it. I don't want to pay for it or buy anything else. If I have to do that, I'll just get a new stereo instead. I guess till then, I'll have to dig out my cassette adapter.
    My signature

Re: XM Radia SureConnect

My brother installed it in his truck but his antenna doesn't retract.

http://www.xm-radio-satellite.com/pd...on%20Guide.pdf

I have an FM direct adapter for my Sirius and it seems to work with the retractable antenna

I highly recommend it if XM makes a comparable product.
    2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs

Quote Originally Posted by Okie81
    My brother installed it in his truck but his antenna doesn&#39;t retract.

http://www.xm-radio-satellite.com/pd...on%20Guide.pdf

I have an FM direct adapter for my Sirius and it seems to work with the retractable antenna

I highly recommend it if XM makes a comparable product.
    Yeah, that&#39;s what they say I need to buy since I have a retractable antenna. I was hoping I didn&#39;t have to buy anything more.
    My signature