Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should everybody be allowed to vote?

Should everybody be allowed to vote?

2006 4Runner Sport Edition V8
    2011 4Runner SR5

Re: Should everybody be allowed to vote?

I think all who've not trespassed the constitution, who've not been convicted of a felony and who're not receiving a check from the govt. (i.e. wealth transfer payments) should be allowed to vote....

Those who fit the other categories have forfeited their rights IMO.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

I can very much agree with that, judging by the clip an small IQ test might be in order also.
    6*9+17 should sort most of them out
    2011 4Runner SR5

How people avoid drowning in the toilet every morning amazes me.

Survival of the fittest does not apply to most citizens of the USA anymore. It's too bad too.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Quote Originally Posted by oly884

2011 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by oly884

Survival of the fittest does not apply to most citizens of the USA anymore. It's too bad too.
    now thats freakin funny
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Everyone ALLOWED to vote?

Most people who ARE allowed to DON'T. I'll let you figure out which is more of a travesty.

Fuster, not to turn this into a deep discussion or anything, but I'd argue that it is actually very difficult for an individual to trespass the constitution at all. The constitution itself simply outlines our basic governmental structure, a democratic republic, and then the amendments, for the most part, give rights to the citizenry, which the government cannot infringe upon.

I fully agree that the government can and has walked all over the constitution on many occasions, but actual voters I don't believe can do very much that is unconstitutional. Except drink during prohibition, that was a case where individuals could break constitutional law.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

like ike, i find it absolutely disgusting that americans (for the most part) are apathetic about voting. even in my worst moments of political cynicism, i have always voted. even a protest vote for ross perot!

that said, should everyone be allowed to vote? Yes. the problem is, like the jury system, not everyone is willing to take the time to learn the issues in order to be an informed voter.

i find it hiliarious too that voters have to literally be shuttled to their polling stations now...but only by the party thye are affiliated with. i understand that these vans are primarily for the elderly and handicapped, but when your as# needs to be shuttled to vote for such a great privilege, man, that is pathetic.

my mom said back in the days when there was a military dictator in south korea running the show over there, it was pretty bad in terms of how they treated political dissidents. and dissidents was broadly categorized as any little anti-govt writing or statement.

and while we're on the subject, look at that little fawktard from iran who came to speak at the UN and also at columbia university. i saw him on 60 minutes (one of my rare moments of weakenss watching that left wing propaganda bullc##t show) and for 7 minutes or so, i was reminded why our country is so great in terms of personal freedom and leadership. those columbia idiots would lay themselves in front of a tank to allow this punk ass iranian to speak about the destruction of israel and this country, when in fact, in iran, there are upwards to 5,000 college students who are missing because of political dissent. and i though ivy leaguers were smart

We do have it great here. Silencing people who disagree with you is toeing the line of tyranny.

Many have died for to give us this right, its pretty damn disrespectful to not vote at all.

I, however, cannot stand one issue voters. There is far more to the world than the petty concerns of bored middle class mid-western housewives. People are just too lazy to educate themselves.

The guy from Iran is typical. Sissy college kids thinking that "talking" will fix all the problems. That's all college kids do is talk, hardly any actually take action, and even fewer still actually vote. Fucksticks.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

I think the only people allowed to vote are the one's that have the same opinions that I have at least that way I know my vote counted , but then again with our courrupt system it doesn't really matter who's in office we are all still screwed.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast