Thread: Strut bolt size specs?

Strut bolt size specs?

Long story short one of the guys at the shop kicked my nut out of sight and it was never to be seen again. It was the nut that screws onto the bottom bolt of the strut assembly, not sure on the mm but i'm pretty sure it fit a 3/4" ratchet. anyways i thought i found a match this morning in another shop's random box, seemed like same size but the thread pitch was different. If anyone has information on this bolt/nut specification please share as i'm driving right now with an unsecured bolt holding my passenger side front suspension on. Thanks!
    <br /><br />
    883/LC with OME/PC shocks ∙ 2&quot; body lift ∙ ARB bull bar
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

Re: Strut bolt size specs?

first of all, use metric sockets on your metric vehicle! the correct size is 19mm (head size.) as for the thread, i believe its 17x1.25? im going to keep researching for you though.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

i know i'm just saying that's all the info i could grab hold of before the shop closed. i was shuffling for tools and i couldn't locate metric in time so i snagged that set. thanks for the info thus far and any more you may bestow man
    <br /><br />
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

ive been through the manual and such, cant find any more info that it should be torqued to 101 ftlb. if i get time tomorrow i can measure it for you.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Can't you just go to the dealer and get a new one?
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

pulled into the service bay and talked to the mechs back there. pulled it into a slot went through his spare parts box, found the right nut, impacted it and left...problem solved. thanks for the info though sean!
    <br /><br />