Thread: Low rumble

Low rumble

So this is a continue of the previous post "Bad Vibrations" I had the drive shaft rebalanced and it was out of faze and they corrected everything thing and said that it was worse then they anticipated. Anyways... now that the corrected driveshaft is in place it seems that the vibration has gotten slightly worse and now there is a loud low or bass rumble or hum. What else am i missing what could all of this be??? ANY thoughts??

Re: Low rumble

Just so we can link the threads together:
    http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...=26&topic=2553

When did all this start to happen? Did the vibration issue appear quickly or slowly over time?
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Re: Low rumble

I am not sure how to answer... It has not happened over night but i do not remember it when i bought it 1+ yr ago. (that does not mean that it was not there when i bought it). But because my wife drives it mostly i only get in it once every few days and weekends. it was one of those... "hey, how long has it done this?? Done what?? the vibration. I don't know?..." I drive a 84 cj-7 that i have had and continued to restore since high school, so i am all about problem solving and working with this sort of issue. Maybe i am loosing it and going crazy or expecting more then i should. But something in my gut is telling me "something is not right here" I just can't put my finger on it. I think my biggest problem is that i can't figure it out... It's the unknown that needs to be overcome.