Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NATO fuel cans

Re: NATO fuel cans

The California Air Resources Board (ARB) adopted new emission and spill-control regulations for portable fuel containers, commonly known as "gas cans," and gas can spouts. The regulations apply to new gas cans and spouts sold in California starting January 1, 2001. There is no requirement for owners of gas cans or spouts sold before that date to modify their gas cans or to scrap them and buy new ones.

hehe all my cans were purchased before 2001.....that's may answer and I'm sticking to it.....
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    The California Air Resources Board (ARB) adopted new emission and spill-control regulations for portable fuel containers, commonly known as "gas cans," and gas can spouts. The regulations apply to new gas cans and spouts sold in California starting January 1, 2001. There is no requirement for owners of gas cans or spouts sold before that date to modify their gas cans or to scrap them and buy new ones.

hehe all my cans were purchased before 2001.....that's may answer and I'm sticking to it.....
    good to know, was hoping that wasnt all the states, since these seem to be pretty cheap so far.

im gonna need some serious cans for my canyonlands trip which will put me about 120 miles from civilization
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    Got links for that?
    I think my reading confused me because in looking for the sites I was reading I found information that makes me think that the screw on types are not legal either. It seems that it is more about the spout than the can. Although, from what I gather the can itself may not have a venting "cap". There are specs on automatic cap closure tension and tons of testing procedure info also.

These are 3 of the many sites I have been reading:

http://www.arb.ca.gov/enf/reports/06enfrpt.pdf

http://www.arb.ca.gov/pfc/pfc.htm

http://www.arb.ca.gov/enf/advs/advs342.pdf

________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    do these leak at all?
    No. I have 2 of these cans, and I have them mounted sideways, and they don't leak AT ALL. This is a hell of a lot cheaper than what I payed, too.
    ~Jamie<br />2000 TRD 4WD PreRunner, 3.4L V-6, Rear Locker,<br />TRD Gen. I Supercharger, URD Fuel Kit, Hayden 679, <br />IPT Valve Body Upgrade, Deckplate Mod, Airaid MIT, <br />URD 2.2&quot; Pulley, TRDOLMAN Magnaflow Exhaust, <br />Inchworm &quot;Lefty&quot; T-Case, FROR Twin Sticks,<br />DR CoilOvers, Camburg UCA&#039;s, 32 x 11.50 STT&#039;s, <br />15x8 AR Teflon Mojave&#039;s, Demello Sliders, Demello Skid-Plate,<br />4xInnovations Front Bumper, and Tailgate / Spare Carrier<br />...and a lot of other stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12