Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New 2007 4runner

Re: New 2007 4runner

Quote Originally Posted by arjan
    I thought that the 4.0L needed the higher octane gas? Because then you would have to compare the V6 (better milage, more expensive fuel) against the V8 (less milage, cheaper fuel)

I am starting a new job the 1st and will be looking for a vehicle. I'll get a gas card, so a V8 seems appealing to me.

My main concern like Jamie is that the prices are coming down, and I think they will be for a while. Since our dollar is at par with the US dollar, our market is being flooded by used US vehicles.
    The 4.0 does not need the higher octane fuel.
    My signature

I put the cheap stuff in all the time. Now that I have a scan gauge, maybe I'll start doing some experimenting with different gases.

By the way, if I try real hard, I can get 23+ mpg city. That's better than the freeway mileage which is about 21-22.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Steve, you can always purchase an extended warranty after the fact, and it doesn't need to be from the same dealer either. When we got the Sequoia, we bought the warranty through Molle Toyota in Kansas City. It was entirely through email and phone. You can definitely shop around for that stuff, but we found Molle to be the best price.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123