Thread: 3rd Gen rear bumper replacement

3rd Gen rear bumper replacement

Around April of this year I had gotten my 4runner into a bad spot while out wheeling (by myself, stupid I know ). I paniced and attempted to back out and damaged the left hand portion of my rear bumper. Had I gone straight (which I did though a v-type opening)it wouldn't have happened.

Any how I can possible get the parts from a member over at Yotatech to replace the damaged section but I'm not quite sure that I want to do that as of yet. It's probable going to get damaged again anyways and I don't know if I want to spend the money and then damage a another bumper (then again I don't get out wheeling as much as I would like). If I can hold off for awhile I might try to get a custom rear bumper.

So I'm just seeing what you guys think. Go ahead and get the replacement panels for my bumper or just wait for awhile and get a custom rear bumper (might look a little funny with no lift though).
    2000 Toyota 4runner with some goodies.

Re: 3rd Gen rear bumper replacement

Do it right the first time! Save your money and get an aftermarket replacement.

Chris

Re: 3rd Gen rear bumper replacement

personally, just leave it until you swap in a new bumper. i dented my left wing at school (offroading between the parkinglots!) and then again up on holcomb creek. as far as im concerned, its sheetmetal that can be unbolted and pounded out or replaced, therefore its expendable.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.