Thread: Care Packages

Care Packages

We will be assembling and shipping care packages from time-to-time in an effort to show support for our troops who are serving our country overseas. We will be assembling one during mid-april, then another around the end of may (near memorial day), and we would like to do several around the 4th of July, and more to follow as we can muster the funds - for the rest of 2007 and beyond.

I have done this 4 times in the last 4 years, and typically it takes about $120 to buy a 20-gallon plastic tote, fill it with snacks & goodies, and ship it to either Iraq or Afghanistan. I think that to spread the packages out to reach as many troops as possible, we will reduce the size of the tote to approx 10-gallons and the amount inside it according to the capacity. We will shoot for a target of $60 per tote, shipped.

If you know of an active service member who would like to receive a package for his unit to share, just let us know and we'll add them to our list. We'll just work down that list as we get the funds. We will need to have some internet correspondence with them to get a "wish list", get their address, and to let them know when to expect their packages.

Pictures of the packages before shipment will be posted here so that everyone will know exactly what went into each one.

THANKS!

This one was ~$120 IIRC...

-andy

Re: Care Packages

Outstanding! Could we also include some site business cards or something for the receiver to pass out to his buddies?

Re: Care Packages

Good work Andy! I cant wait to send the first wave out!
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL