Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My cargo box/sleeping platforum

Re: My cargo box/sleeping platforum

Looking great... :P
    &quot;In premodern times, the courage of a leader often had to be physical. In the last 500 years it is more often moral. Moral courage is the ability to do what&#39;s right even when it is deeply unpopular, even dangerous. Courage is only found where there is the genuine possibility of loss -- loss of friends, reputation, status, power, possessions or, at the extremes, freedom or life.&quot;<br /><br />~ Mark Joseph

Looks great Ric!!

I been thinking about putting a sleeping platform/storage setup in the back of my tacoma, with a camper top... I just dont know though...
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

thankx for the comps guys....

What would you do about the carpet ? would you roll/fold it over the edges ? would ya just cut it and lay it on top ? or just possibley cut it to size of the top and glue it down ?

Cutting slits for the hindges on the side and the forward storage..

Let me know, Im new to this typ of stuff
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

The carpet on mine is stapled in with a 3/16" staple. I just went to the edges, not over and tucked.
    My .02, the staples are a much better solution for a few reasons.

1) Not nearly as messy to install/apply. No dry time.

B) It allows for easier replacement of a 'section' should you need too. No messy adhered glue to deal with removing.

THIRDLY) Made it really easy to determine the size. Placed the carpet on the box, tacked it in with staples, flipped it over and cut. Flipped it back over, put the finall staples in, and then made the cuts for my wings.

I have been meaning to add this info to my build, but haven't found time.
    98 Limited - Sonoran Goodies - Big Tires - Mostly stock

Quote Originally Posted by TMR
    The carpet on mine is stapled in with a 3/16" staple. I just went to the edges, not over and tucked.
    My .02, the staples are a much better solution for a few reasons.

1) Not nearly as messy to install/apply. No dry time.

B) It allows for easier replacement of a 'section' should you need too. No messy adhered glue to deal with removing.

THIRDLY) Made it really easy to determine the size. Placed the carpet on the box, tacked it in with staples, flipped it over and cut. Flipped it back over, put the finall staples in, and then made the cuts for my wings.

I have been meaning to add this info to my build, but haven't found time.

sounds like great reasons to me

a couple of new pics:

Im waiting on these http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...D-_-707-_-CONF

Then its time to start planning the next mod

Everything looks great except for that bum you let test it for you! LOL

Cool.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

wonder if i could get mine done before pismo. i have 3 days. GO!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

well I finally got the flush mounted pulls done, varnished and pics taken:

Im glad to be done with it I now have so much more usable storage, cant wait to get out a "test" it,

i made mine, 6 hours and one sheet of plywood!

ill have to grab some pics of it, but i need to add drawers and some more bracing and some other features. other than that its super fancy.

thanks for your post ric, how did you attach the foward piece?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast