Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HID conversion on Hella 4000

Re: HID conversion on Hella 4000

This was the seller I got it from
    AUTOLUMINATE

I chose him because he had the better customer rating and is located near me in Los Angeles, also his kits have a 2 year warranty, but you know how these ebay companies are......

Also found out that the kit is made in Japan

for Hella 4000 you'll need the H1 kit and for the Hella 500 the H3 kit.

When I was over at Kartek I noticed the ballast used in the Hella HID 4000's looked identical to the one's I got from eBay. Considering they only pull 35w. yes I'd say they are tolerated much better......

here's the thread at TTORA, several people over there have done this conversion.....
    http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82281
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Thanks, I'm actually going to be doing a conversion on my lightforce lights, but wanted to know which company you went with (that was the one I was looking at, so that's good to know). I'll get another thread going for the lightforce conversion, as it won't be so plug and play, but it doesn't look too bad.

Edit: Thanks Bruce, I ordered a set last night. H3 and 5000K This will be fun.
    My signature

Any chance you can take a pic of the new bulbs and maybe measure them? I'm wondering if I can squeeze these into a set of PIAA 520s.
    Diamond HP8 SAS / FROR Full Float Rear / DIY F&amp;R bumper / Nitto 285s / Gen1 SC (in progress)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12