Thread: Excel and Web Based File Sharing

Excel and Web Based File Sharing

Anyone know about this?

Background:
    Customer of mine who has a simple 1 page website wants a way to be able to share Excel files securely on the web. They do not have a network server at their office, it's all clients (I think 5 or 6).

They are not opposed to buying some hardware to facilitate this. Don't know much about a VPN, but would that be the ticket?

Questions:
    Is there a way to do this on their hosting plan they have now? They are on a Microsoft box.

They want the copy of the file on the web server to be editable by all the team members (not downloaded, edited then uploaded - they aren't that savvy). Sounds as if they'd like to use excel from within their browser (?)

They want security that they alone control - ie. no outsiders access the files even for setup purposes.

Anyone have a recommendation?

2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Re: Excel and Web Based File Sharing

Try this out.

its free online and secure.

http://www.google.com/google-d-s/b1.html

&#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Re: Excel and Web Based File Sharing

That should work great - I had forgotten about that. That's what I told them to use.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps