Thread: I have a question for anyone with an e-locker guard...

I have a question for anyone with an e-locker guard...

I just installed Sky's elocker guard, and in order to get the guard to fit properly, i had to remove one of the bolts from the elocker. The elocker guard mounts to the elocker in 3 locations, 2 on the bottom of the elocker and 1 on the top. Directly next to the 1 top mounting location there was another bolt that was preventing the guard from seating all the way on to the actuator. I removed the bolt that was in the way, it seems like its only purpose is to provide a second mounting point for the bracket that holds the wires that run to the actuator. After further inspection, the bolt does not seem to have any purpose other than holding the bracket for the elocker wires. I just wanted to know if anyone else had to remove the bolt described above in order to get the locker to fit properly? It doesn't seem like this bolt is extremely important and i dont believe it should affect the performance of the elocker, i just wanted to know if any one else has experienced the same issue. Thanks, Joe
    Joe<br /><br />1997 4runner limited<br />Sonoran Steel #1 lift, 1&quot; 4crawler bl, LC wheels, 295 Terra Grapplers, deckplate, satoshi grille, extended rear diff breather...

Re: I have a question for anyone with an e-locker guard...

Joe,

I think i recall i had a similar experience. I'll have to look under my truck at lunch. Hopefully i won't get too dirty I'll let you know latest tonight.

Bob

Here is a picture of the one from Marlin Crawler, All Pro Offroad and from Sky-Manufacturing if this helps:

Marlin:
    [img width=800 height=325]http://www.marlincrawler.com/images/elock_guard_833.jpg[/img]

Sky-Manufacturing

All Pro Offroad
    Stock 1985 Pickup, 2001 4Runner

Yup, looks like the bolt i'm talking about is missing in all those pictures. Thanks alot, that cleared it up.
    Joe<br /><br />1997 4runner limited<br />Sonoran Steel #1 lift, 1&quot; 4crawler bl, LC wheels, 295 Terra Grapplers, deckplate, satoshi grille, extended rear diff breather...

I don't have that bolt on mine.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I just picked up the sky guard as well. Haven't installed it yet. Did a trail fit though and all looked well.
    2000 Toyota 4runner with some goodies.