Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Annual Pismo 4Runner Jamboree Oct 2007

Re: 5th Annual Pismo 4Runner Jamboree Oct 2007

Mike, it was good meeting you man. Good pics also. I downloaded the few you had of me jumping plus some. That rail rocking the wheelie is just sick. Haha.
    Any of you like Guns? Hit me up for great prices! www.gunsupfirearms.com

and as always, i will end my post with a carnage report.
    For me:
    -What I think is a rear main seal leak appears to still be there although I believe it is has slowed (have to remember to check the oil). At least it didn't get worse.
    -Front bumper is tweaked and missing a couple of mounting bolts
    -PA speaker is MIA. I had it for awhile but it's gone now.
    -Dent in the rear rocker that I'm sure wasn't there before.
    -Some front fender "re-tubbing" from my the tires.
    -And right now some crazy gas. I should eat a salad.

Oh and half way home I pulled a bunch of sand out of my air cleaner (actually from both sides of the air filter). We'll see if that results in any carnage.

so jealous,

lovin the pictures. wish I could have come but it just wasnt feasble right now

thanks for sharing the pics though!!!
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

You guys are nuts jumping like that

Looks like everyone had a blast!
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

hey, even I jumped!!! no one bothered to look, but i did it, i had a passenger, i have proof!

now id never jump it anywhere else than the very soft sand of the dunes.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

slosurfer, thanks for putting together a great show! def down for the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
    consider yourself lucky: i was driving in with lance going b/n 20 and 25. the beach cop cited me. i'd take the 1/2 hour wait any day

ticket aside, it was a great trip. i think it goes without saying that slosurfer (chris) put on one helluva show. thanks to jen for doing a bang up job on organizing the kid's gifts and activities and donating her own time and money to buy those cool gifts for them!

it was good to meet up with everyone, especially guys and gals from other forums---something normally forums especially don't do well. i didnt take many pics, but i had a chance to wheel w/ some folks and take some video. ill try to figure out how to get Hi8 to digital asap!

bob
    Bob,
    Sorry to hear you got cited. I was praying like never before while he had me stopped. It was 8:30pm, it was drizzling and I had to drive to San Diego. I hope to meet you and others at upcoming UY events.

Jc
    -Jc1996 SR5 4WD 5SPD 4RunnerStock till 213,000 milesSonoran SS rear brake line|Sonoran diff drop|Sonoran Panhard drop bracket|SAW 2.5 C/O's|OME891-N86|Magnaflow 24|Deckplate Mod|Trueflow Airfilter|BruceTS Rear Bumper|Airaid MIT|Shrockworks Front Bumper|Trail-mart 67 sliders

Wow! What a weekend! Everyone, thanks for coming out and enjoying the festivities. You guys are the ones that make it truly enjoyable. I had a blast and I hope I got to meet everyone and chat, and if I missed ya. I'll just have to catch up with ya next year.

Huge thanks to Jenn and Justin (JnJ) for getting all the kids stuff together and all your help from the very beginning till the end. Thank you!

Thanks to Bob and Lance, for their organization and help at the event, without you guys I don't think I would have been able to get out and enjoy myself.

Thank you to all our sponsors for the raffle prizes and goodie bags (I think pretty much every vehicle was walking away with something). Remember these guys when it comes time to add parts to your rig.

Huge thanks to my wife April for allowing me to plan this. I know at times she thought I was but she stuck with me. Thanks, Babe.

Thank you to Edwin from the marlin board, and Matt (one of my general contractors) for bringing out the wood. It took a major effort to burn it all, but we did it.

Thanks to all the others that pitched in and helped, couldn't have done it without ya.
    My signature

We had a decent turnout for the trail run today, considering we got a late start. We had 6 rigs going out. Me, BruceTS, Nick aka 2WD GUY, MysticZ, MysticZ's guest, and Cabbage. JnJ were also there but parked their motorhome at the trailhead and rode with me and Bruce.

Once we hit the intersection where the 4wd trail meets the 2wd trail, the Mystic group went up to Hi Mtn. Lookout while the rest of us went part way into Garcia Ridge Trail. We had some nice hill climbs and Bruce got to flex out his suspension on some rocks and show us why everyone should have a crawler box.

We came back down and amazingly met back up with the Mystic group who just finished their run. From there we said our goodbyes and headed home. Boy, was I glad to get home. I'll try to get pics up later tonight or tomorrow.
    My signature

Well that was one fun gathering. Claire and I got home about a half hour ago, traffic was nuts. I'll post my pics tomorrow, I'm beat.

Riding with Bruce on that first round of jumps was soooo much fun, thanks Bruce!

Frank
    1985 FJ-60, 3FE, Hell Creek lift, 2009 H3 sold

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast