Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: speedo does not work plus odometer, after snow wheeling

speedo does not work plus odometer, after snow wheeling

basically i dont know what happened, but i cant see how fast im going nor how far ive been

rear abs sensors?
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Re: speedo does not work plus odometer, after snow wheeling

was it pulled out? its easy to check: look on the rear axle:

that said, i'm not so sure that the abs sensor has anything to do with your speedo not working. lemme look in my FSM

bob

well we did pull that out to pull my shafts to put in the new diff.

I guess I need to check it tomorrow.

i thought that was the ABS

is a fuse blown? is the speedo cable driven or electronic? im not sure and dont want to go out to the truck to check. if its electronic it could very possibly be a fuse. its not the abs sensors. abs sensors would effect the abs, vsc and traction control, not the speedo.
    Any of you like Guns? Hit me up for great prices! www.gunsupfirearms.com

Quote Originally Posted by xonetruthcrewx
    is a fuse blown? is the speedo cable driven or electronic? im not sure and dont want to go out to the truck to check. if its electronic it could very possibly be a fuse. its not the abs sensors. abs sensors would effect the abs, vsc and traction control, not the speedo.
    well since my front abs doesnt work anymore since I unhooked those, my vsc, trac, abs, brake lights are always on

but now the CEL is on due to this

i have no idea but im assuming its a sensor in the rear. it worked fine on the trail until a certain area then i noticed it wasnt working.

"officer: sir do you know how fast you were going? me: um no because it stil says 0 FOOL!" just thought id say that

Obviously the Speedo and Odo are linked so if one doesn't work, neither will the other.

The speedo should be electronic on your transmission, have you checked that to make sure it is plugged in and that no wires are broken? I don't believe the ABS sensors are linked into the speedo readout, but it would be wise to check for damage on those as well.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

On the older toyotas (up to the early 90's) it was cable driven and plugged into the pass side of the Tcase. My best guess would be to check it out there (even though it seems to be electronic). For the old cable driven ones the plastic gear inside the tcase would wear out to where the teeth wouldn't engage to spin the speedo cable (in your case sensor).

Nick
    SHROCKWORKS<br />Design/Proto fab

tcase sensor is plugged in and damage free since its tucked up way in there.

Have you checked to know what the OBD code was yet?

What exactly did the speedo stop working? Sometime during this snow trip? Any specific situation that occured right prior to this happening?
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
    Have you checked to know what the OBD code was yet?

What exactly did the speedo stop working? Sometime during this snow trip? Any specific situation that occured right prior to this happening?
    going to get the code checked today, just got of class, that should prob give a better idea.

sorry for not being clear. im not sure exactly what to look for, the sensor is plugged in, and the wires look ok

fuse maybe?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast