Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: speedo does not work plus odometer, after snow wheeling

Re: speedo does not work plus odometer, after snow wheeling

got my code read

PO500

veh peed sensor A malfunction

how many freakin sensors do I have? lol

remember i still have 2wd tranny. i assume its on top of tranny?
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    how many freakin sensors do I have?

It should be right on the tail of the tranny.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

ill go look at that side soon, above the tranny pan? before where the tail housing used to connect?

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    ill go look at that side soon, above the tranny pan? before where the tail housing used to connect?
    The sensor is missing in the pic but it should give you a good idea as to where it's located.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

ohhh that sensor, the sensor we had so much trouble getting it to fit to make sure it works on the case, and now it doesnt!!!! dangit!

with that code, is it the sensor or maybe the wiring?

ill have to make sure everything fits but that makes me pissed off

well it looks like my rears arent working anymore, due to last snow storm, the rear tires did not engage while braking so they just locked up like the front.

which would make sense, being in 4wd you want the front and rear tires doing the same thing at the same time so the driveshafts dont have any fighting through the case.

I think im going to do what Brad (MossyRocks) did and link up somehow to the sensor located at the back of my transfercase and use the rear splines as a means of a reading to the odo and speedo

i had the same problem over the summer where my speedometer and odometer didnt work and my CEL was on. it ended being that i had ran over a stick and it pulled the sensor out of the bottom. after i found out what the problem was i just pressed the sensor in hard and then reset the battery and everyhting went back to normal.
    2001 TRD Tacoma Prerunner D-Cab<br />3&quot; Toytec OME lift, Alcan AAL<br />285/75/16 Procomp A/T&#039;s <br />4x Innovations HREW 82&quot; sliders<br />Procomp 1069 Wheels<br />Magnaflow Exhuast<br />15 HP worth of decals...

I also had the same problem with the same code and the dealer ship changed the sensor pointed out and it still did not work. Turned out the be the gauge cluster had taken a dump. Replaced cluster for $400 and everything was back to normal.
    92 4Runner SR5 V6 4X4<br />Skyjacker Nitro shocks, Pro-Comp steering stabilizer, clear bumper lenses, lund windjammer, OME standard coils, ISR mod, inlet pipe removed, Bushwaker Fender Flares.<br /><br />2002 Tacoma Prerunner V6 extracab. Lund Intercepter bug guard, rear glass sunshield, Bilstein shocks on rear.<br /><br />2004 Honda CRV EX stock belongs to wife.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12