Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I get more than 3.5" of lift on my 3rd gen?

How do I get more than 3.5" of lift on my 3rd gen?

i have a 02 sr5 toyota 4runner with a 2 1/2 daystar spacer lift. can anyone help me find a lift bigger then 3 1/2 inches?

Re: How do I get more than 3.5" of lift on my 3rd gen?

4 inch procomp.

6 inch fabtech.

spacer lift on an 02 is going to be 2 inchs shorter then going with a 3 inch replacement spring lift with springs rear, struts/coilovers front.

options above that TRD pointed out are a bitch to install and do not really help performance

other options is to add a bodylift on top of the sus lift.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea. only way to go above 3" of sus lift is a mega body lift which will do nothing more than make you unstable.

imo, you shouldnt exceed 2.5 of suspension and anything above 1.5 or 2" of BL is way excessive for an ifs truck.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Quote Originally Posted by lee
    baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea. only way to go above 3" of sus lift is a mega body lift which will do nothing more than make you unstable.

imo, you shouldnt exceed 2.5 of suspension and anything above 1.5 or 2" of BL is way excessive for an ifs truck.
    Ditto.

If you need more than 3.5" of lift total, then do 2.5" on the suspension and 2" on the body lift because you don't want all the lift just on the suspension with an IFS truck. Someone with some decent cash to burn could go with the Procomp or Fabtech options mentioned above as well.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Well first off - and quite frankly, I am surprised no one has asked - what do you plan on doing with this truck, and why do you think you need more than 3.5 inches of lift?

Are you planning on rock crawling?
    Mud-Bogging?
    Trail riding?
    Mall Crawling / just for looks?

Any and all of the choices mentioned here are fine, if you just give us an idea of where you want to go with your truck, we can help you a little better.
    What size tire are you wanting to run?
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

well the reason i didnt ask the application is that in this instance it doesnt matter. 6" of lift via 3" sus and 3" bl for mall crawling isnt a good idea no matter what. the amount of force you put on the ball joints to get 3" sus lift alone is terrible no matter the application. not to mention the chance you could bust a cv, etc.

a body lift that exceeds 1.5-2" is silly. youre changing your COG and making it more likely that youll tip... all of that... for what reason? to look cool going over speed bumps?

and if its for tires, if you need to clear a tire larger than 33-34", you probably shouldnt be driving ifs. i know some people, even on here, have cleared up to 35's successfully and safely on ifs, but for someone who is new to it, who doesn't have a need, i would say dont do it.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

While that is very true Lee, its always kind of helpful to know what they have in mind, so even when they need a "lift 101" we can offer them advice in the right direction. lol. But I agree with pretty much everything you said in your your last post 110%
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

yup, though this forum is filled with info about lifts for every application

if you have further questions about what would work for you, mcq, just ask
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

STRAIGHT AXLE!

Aaron
    I can, because I don&#039;t know that I can&#039;t.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast