Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with slider purchase.....

Need help with slider purchase.....

I have a 96 Limited with the bigger fender flares. I am going to buy a set of sliders from Brian at WabFab and can't decide between the 60" or 66" length and kick out or no kick out. I took a measurement from the inside to inside of the fender flares and came out to be right at 60". I am thinking I may want the length to extend to 66" so I will protect the flares better. What do you all think?

Re: Need help with slider purchase.....

Im not sure on length, but I think the kickouts are sexy.
    Take a look at the Sliders from 4XInnovations (link in my sig) They have some really nice ones with and without kickouts, Adam makes quality stuff!!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    Im not sure on length, but I think the kickouts are sexy.
    Take a look at the Sliders from 4XInnovations (link in my sig) They have some really nice ones with and without kickouts, Adam makes quality stuff!!
    This may be a silly question....Do the kickouts go on the front or the back of the truck?

On the back.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

take a look at the link in my sig, theres an album of pics called sliders. i purchased those same ones, with the rear kickout, at 60 inch length. while im extremely happy with them, i think a 66 inch length would have been better.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I'm going through the same debate myself. I will pull the tape measure out after work and check it out. You also have to think about where your 4runner is going in the future. If you plan on running tires bigger than 33's at some point, you have to think about them interfering with a longer slider. I will be thinking about this heavily myself before i buy anything. But i know for a fact i will buy from wabfab, everything i've read about brian's products and customer service have been extremely good reviews.
    Joe<br /><br />1997 4runner limited<br />Sonoran Steel #1 lift, 1&quot; 4crawler bl, LC wheels, 295 Terra Grapplers, deckplate, satoshi grille, extended rear diff breather...

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    take a look at the link in my sig, theres an album of pics called sliders. i purchased those same ones, with the rear kickout, at 60 inch length. while im extremely happy with them, i think a 66 inch length would have been better.
    I think you did a good job on the sliders Sean. I may go with the 66" but I think the 60" looks good on your rig.

By the way, are those wheels Cragar soft 8's? I like those wheels.....Do you think they would look good on my millenium silver truck?

Those are the same sliders I want to get. I was thinking 60", but after seeing Sean's slider photos, they do look rather short. Maybe longer would be better.

I didn't see 66" long sliders on WabFab's site, only 60" and 68". Am I missing something?

Thanks

Bandit Runner<br />2002 Sport Edition 4wd<br /><br />Mods:<br />SS 1.2 Lift, 1.5&quot; Body Lift, 315/75R16 Mickey Thompson MTZ&#39;s, Custom Front and Rear Bumpers and Skidplate, Custom Sliders, Eagle Alloy Wheels, Custom Snokel<br /><br />Next:&nbsp; Custom Belly Skid, Custom Roof Rack, Winch, 5.29 Gears, Locker?

ive been talking with traxman, who makes wabfab's sliders (at least when i bought mine) and he agreed that 66 inch will be a better fit. i feel 68 may be too long, and interfere with tires, especially 35 inch tires.

from end of pinchweld to end of pinchweld is 68 inches.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I agree. I am going to order the 66" from Wabfab today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast