Thread: WTB: Front and Rear Thirds for IFS 2nd gen V6

WTB: Front and Rear Thirds for IFS 2nd gen V6

I'm looking for for front and rear thirds for my 94 4runner V6 which I will re-gear to 5.71's so ratio is not important.(unless you have two with 5.71's!) I would prefer an ADD front although I'm not sure if that matters as far as just the third member is concerned. I'll find that out.

I'm in San Diego Ca and hope to find one close enough that I can pick it up to avoid shipping.

Thanks!

Frank
    1985 FJ-60, 3FE, Hell Creek lift, 2009 H3 sold

Re: WTB: Front and Rear Thirds for IFS 2nd gen V6

You can use either ADD or non ADD for the front of your truck but some people prefer the non-add and even convert their add to non. This is to get rid of the complexity of the add system. I just sold my ARB ADD diff to somebody with an older 4runner and it bolted right up.

Also, your factory 4.88 front diff can accept non-factory gears so you should be good there.

And actually, shipping wasn't too bad from AZ to CA. The diff weight about 100 lbs but only cost about $50 to ship fedex.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Shoot 50 bucks isn't bad at all. I'd pay that.

I mainly looking for the front as well so I can drop them off to be set up and install them in the truck at my convenience. Also I can keep both thirds intact and sell them.

Frank

You do need to have an account with Fedex to get that rate, but it's free to sign up and anybody can do it.
    Steve

Robinhood: So now I'm just "somebody" haha J/K man.

Frank: I still have the front diff that came off my truck when I swapped Steve's in. It has the stock 4.10s in it. You can have it if you want it. I'll be down in San Diego on Nov. 4th. I'll bring it to you if you can wait that long. Let me know if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by JnJ
    Robinhood: So now I'm just "somebody" haha J/K man.

Frank: I still have the front diff that came off my truck when I swapped Steve's in. It has the stock 4.10s in it. You can have it if you want it. I'll be down in San Diego on Nov. 4th. I'll bring it to you if you can wait that long. Let me know if you're interested.
    I am outrageously interested and have no problem waiting. Let me know when and where I can meet you and will do my best to limit your inconvenience. I very much appreciate it.

Frank

Sounds good. We'll be in the Chula Vista area for church on Sunday morning (Nov. 4). Maybe we can meet up around 12 or so.

We're outta church around 10:30 so 12 or so will work.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by elripster
    We're outta church around 10:30 so 12 or so will work.

Frank
    That's why we're going to San Diego. The pastor from our church up here in the High Desert moved to San Diego and is starting a new church in Chula Vista. Nov. 4th will be the second preview service.

Maybe you and "somebody" go to the same church...

Steve