Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd build-up........project Substance Abuse....

2nd build-up........project Substance Abuse....

This is my 2nd SAS 4runner project. The first one was sold to fund the move to CO and to star Addicted. This time around I went with another 88' 4runner with a 22RE/5spd instead of the A/T.

So, yesterday I started the SAS. I drove it to the shop, and we immediately started cutting By the end of the day the IFS was out, front springs hung and axle housing was under the rig.

Today I didn't get an early start, but by the end of the day the rear is ready to set the pinion angle. We also moved the front hanger back 1/2" since we had a less than stellar front shackle angle.

Hopefully tomorrow we will have the 37s bolted on, front axle assembled, and everything else mounted making it drivable until next Tuesday. In the meantime I will build the 5.29 3rds and prep the tub for the dual case install.

Here is the rig I am starting with

Scotty<br />www.AddictedOffroad.com<br />I build chit!

Re: 2nd build-up........project Substance Abuse....

Good work day today. Drove it home from the shop in fact. John and I kicked ass today.......

That looks great - you guys do some nice work (quick too!). Are you running Sky's widening kit up front?
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Scotty- are you using a trail gear kit on this build?
    98 Limited - Sonoran Goodies - Big Tires - Mostly stock

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    That looks great - you guys do some nice work (quick too!). Are you running Sky's widening kit up front?
    Its a Toyota front axle so no widening kit needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TMR
    Scotty- are you using a trail gear kit on this build?
    Yes, its a Trail-Gear kit. I just became a dealer of theirs, and really needed to see the quality of what they produce first hand. Having worked for All-Pro, and seeing Marlin's kit, the quality is very comparable. I would say its "identical".

Quick update. Dual cases are now in. For now I am just running the 2.28 stock rear case. I'll add a 4.7 gear set if I think I need it. As it stands I am at 108:1 with the 5.29s. We'll see how that plays out.

I need to find a decent shifter boot. I think I am going to grab a front shifter boot setup and cut it to fit the new shifter.

I also added some sweet 85' SR5 4runner seats to the rig. I found these in a wrecked 85' that John and I grabbed some parts off of. They are in incredible condition now that I was able to clean them up.

Sweet 1st gen

You need to bring Fink's old runner up here for a solid axle conversion.................

Something like this:

I'm itching to do another one.............

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$It would be sweet.&#160; I think I'm going to leave the 3rd gen alone for a while and look into building a trail rig.&#160; I'll keep ya posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast