Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alright UY - Retreaded Tires - What do we think?

Re: Alright UY - Retreaded Tires - What do we think?

I'm looking at those tires since you mentioned them Troy. I need the thicker sidewalls after yet another tear, and just can't do $800 or more on some of the options out there right now
    Uummmm??? I forget.

Wow under 100 bucks for some 33's are definitely reasonable. For a non-daily driver vehicle I think this might be a pretty good option!
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

i will be cautious with them until they earn my trust mainly in the fact that i wont drive them fast on the road. that will be easy to remember as it takes alot of peddle to move my pig faster then 65 anyhow lol. offroad will be no holds barred and with the extra ground clearance (and full size spare) i think 15psi will be my target.

Scott i wish i could fast forward 12 months and tell you if these are the way to go or not. but so long as there's no issues with the tread, underneath it all is some very expensive tire construction that should hold up to punctures like any other high end tire. you can request what type carcass you want and they have all different kinds.

NorCalBorn do you have any experience with treadwright? i may be eating up marketing hype and reviews, but it sounds like they have a unique manufacturing process and have had nothing but positive feed back

Troy, this thread has been around a long time, with really nothing but conjecture and guesswork... Definitely keep us updated on what is going on with them. Thanks!!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Well I figured I'd be a guinea pic also, so I went ahead and ordered a set this morning.
    Uummmm??? I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter25
    Well I figured I'd be a guinea pic also, so I went ahead and ordered a set this morning.
    hah, 3 ply sidewall I hope...?

Congrats man...
    I will more then likely be with you too for a run sooner then later...so ill check them out then..

Oh troy, Nice couch.
    lolz
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter25
    nice! you may be the first one to run them. im trying to upgrade my lift kit so i may not be ready for a few weeks.

and lol that is my couch and yes those tires are in my living room right next to the care care stuff and rolling tool chest that are where my kitchen table should be. some times its nice to be single hahah

i apreshiate the first hand experience. but admittedly i haven't found any info on hitech/treadwright before the year 2000ish other then what you have just told me now. sounds like they very well could have been junk back then. there is quite a few off roaders using them right now and i figure unhappy customers are the most vocal by far. if i have issues related to the retread i know id post it here and yotatech in a jiffy.

im not sure i understand you on the "Does the manufacturer of the casing you're using for the retread authorize..." of course any tire company, that the carcasses come from, would not stand behind a retread. theres absolutely nothing in it for them.

I have a set of their 235/85R16's with ultra grip. I'll keep this thread updated with developments and comments on performance/issues. Ultra Grip 235/85R16's

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

well ive got mine on now and scooter25 has had his on for a few weeks. so far mine have been great:

-guys mounting them didnt know they were retread until i told them.
    -they all balanced up with normal amounts of lead
    -took mine up to 95mph cause i was late for a plane and they did not explode

ill post back when i get some offroad time in with them

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast