Thread: 3rd gen bumper finished

3rd gen bumper finished

It took about 16hrs of good hard work to make this bumper work but I'm happy with the outcome let me know what you think.

Anthony

Re: 3rd gen bumper finished

Very Nice! I don't remember, who makes that one?
    My signature

thats one sexy bumper you made that yourself ??? thats sweeeet....

do you have some side support ? either way, job very well done
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

thats tight...literally. nice job mate. id definitely look into putting some tubage underneath the sides to the frame though...dont want those wings coming into the fender should you happen to come into contact with a nice big rock.

sonny<br />1998 4Runner LTD...d0uble locked on 35&#039;s<br />crawlinbc.com

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Very Nice! I don't remember, who makes that one?
    http://bentup.com/front.html makes the bumper fore 89-04 tacoma's problem is tacoma's don'r have the same mounting brackets and the front end is wider than the 4runner so I had the bumper sent with no mounting bracets and had to shorten each side down about 2" so it would match the fenders.

Tubing for the sides is a must I agree and that's the last thing left on my list I have everything sitting in the garage to do it but wanted to snap a few pics before I went and finished it (eager to see it on). All in all I love the look and I know the brackets I built are as stout as they come so I'm happy with how it came out. Thanks for the complements.

I've never been much into the mall crawler stuff so I think this should help me get away from that look a little more. Next mod BruceTS rear bumper.

Nice job, welcome to the custom bumper family... Looks really nice.

Regards,

BWJ
    &quot;In premodern times, the courage of a leader often had to be physical. In the last 500 years it is more often moral. Moral courage is the ability to do what&#39;s right even when it is deeply unpopular, even dangerous. Courage is only found where there is the genuine possibility of loss -- loss of friends, reputation, status, power, possessions or, at the extremes, freedom or life.&quot;<br /><br />~ Mark Joseph

Great looking bumper!!
    98 Limited - Sonoran Goodies - Big Tires - Mostly stock

That looks really good.. I'd take that bumper and tires for mine.. ;0

Thanks for the complements I'm taking it wheeling this weekend so I'll be sure to post up some pics. I also just finished a BruceTS inspired bumper (doesn't look as nice as his but it should work just fine).