Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canyonlands National Part, White rim road for a week

Canyonlands National Part, White rim road for a week

Basically I just got my reservation form back for airport, murphys hogback and potato bottom for the three campsites that I will be at

I heard that this drive is such a beautiful wonder that I will be in awe!!!, I plan to be and i cant wait for this

spending 5 nights in the park, 1 night at airport, and 2 nights each at the other sites.

list of things I have already

though I cannot build campfires in the park, bringing an firestarter anyways just in case.

1 blitz can
    fire starter
    building sleeping platform
    bottle jack and hi lift
    0 degree sleeping bag (if i even need it but oh well it should do me fine if i get in butt naked.. jkkk)
    topo maps
    canyonlands book
    brake fluid

things to get:
    another blitz can
    2x 7 gal water tanks
    shower system (may not do this since I can go a week without a shower anyways)
    one or two non add cv axles
    tie rod ends
    batteries AA, AAA, D, and C
    extra car battery
    tire repair kit
    first aid kit
    MREs
    grill plate
    pots and pans (only two or so)
    oil
    coolant
    gear oil
    mini stove
    pots for food
    cooler (wish I had money for an arb or engel fridge)

thats all i can think of

if anybody has any suggestions let me know, this will be my first expedition, i should have my arb compressor in to engage the lockers, but i heard that i really dont need to use lockers but dunno if that is a legit response.

Scott Bradys shot at white rim

[img width=800 height=585]http://www.expeditionswest.com/adventures/2004/white_rim/Day2WhiteRim/images/DSCF3061.jpg[/img]

another

you can see the road inside this mini canyon

[Edit - Good Times - fixed img link]
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Re: Canyonlands National Part, White rim road for a week

This is absolutely my favorite part of the country. You will be addicted.

I've been going out there almost every year since I was about 7, and it never ceases to amaze me. Also jealous that you're getting to take the trip. Congrats!
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

looks like its going to be AWESOME!!! cant wait for that event report.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by AxleIke
    This is absolutely my favorite part of the country. You will be addicted.

I've been going out there almost every year since I was about 7, and it never ceases to amaze me. Also jealous that you're getting to take the trip. Congrats!
    this is the first but im most certainly postive it wont be the last trip there

if yall have any feedback on what I should bring with me, do shoot the ideas over. im open to suggestions

ill be sure to put a full spread report on this, i plan to buy another mem card, take my laptop with me. and take a good 1000 or so pics if i can.

water, water, and more water. You almost definetly won't need it, but you'll extremely sorry if you do, and don't have it.

I find solo trips like this to be some of my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE going out with friends and wheeling/camping, but the solitude out there brings enormous peace to me. Its very centering. Knowing you are the only human around for likely 50-200miles. Brings things back into perspective. And you couldn't have picked a more beautiful area.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

should 14 gallons of water be sufficient? and will it freeze over night, thats what im worried about. i think for 5 days that should be enough, maybe just 7 gallons

You will consume an average of 1 gal per day so if you're out for 5 days you'll need a minimum of 5 gals. This is just for drinking. If you plan to use the water for other stuff like cleaning, rinsing and watering the 4runner if it decides to overheat, you'll need a lot more. Two 7 gal jugs should get you by nicely I believe. You can never have enough water though Sounds like you're going to have a blast!
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

i see you lack some general stuff like first aid kit, emergency food, water purification, id actually bring a bundle of fire wood just in case.

what dates are you going (ballpark is fine, i understand not broadcasting your dates to the public)
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    i see you lack some general stuff like first aid kit, emergency food, water purification, id actually bring a bundle of fire wood just in case.

what dates are you going (ballpark is fine, i understand not broadcasting your dates to the public)
    ill tell actual days no problem

but let me make sure, kinda forgot

11/19-11/24

basically thanksgiving

i forgot my first aid kit in the list? woops water purification!! nice idea Sean, didnt think about that one.

firewood is prob not going to be the case, they do not allow fires inside the grounds inless you are on the river with a raft and camp beside it.

you forgot the most important item............ a bed warmer

What are you models doing that week?
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast