Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canyonlands National Part, White rim road for a week

Re: Canyonlands National Part, White rim road for a week

they will be warming my bed.. thats what lol

ill have sufficient heat with the sleeping bag, base mats and a bed mattress of some sort to keep my comfort,

this weekend we will finish or near finish my sleeping platform and install the arb compressor to get the lines running.

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

what im lookin at for a water container

they also have the 7 gallon i was originally (and still might get) at the army suprlus store for around 15 dollars

its the material that most tailgating coolers are made up. that hard plastic

im not sure whether to get a mini stove for hiking use or a bigger for camping use that can hold two pots

reason for the smaller is it wont take up as much space and will do the job right

of course im gonna need some cookware but i think only a stirfry pot will suffice

I am more partial to the three burner stoves for car camping. Mainly because I like to be able to cook breakfast and make coffee at the same time. The stoves don't take up that much room and are pretty easy to find places where it will slide in. I wouldn't want to take one backpacking though. I have seen people do that.
    My signature

Three is nice. Two, IMHO, is essential for car camping. Gotta have my coffee.

Looks like a great list so far Blake.

Oh yeah, and DON'T FORGET TO PUT YOUR CARD INTO YOUR CAMERA!!! LOL, I want to see the pics.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Quote Originally Posted by AxleIke
    Three is nice. Two, IMHO, is essential for car camping. Gotta have my coffee.

Looks like a great list so far Blake.

Oh yeah, and DON'T FORGET TO PUT YOUR CARD INTO YOUR CAMERA!!! LOL, I want to see the pics.
    LOL, dude if i forgot to put my card in the camera there, id drive my truck off the edge of the canyon lol.

bringin the 3 cards i have and my laptop to upload pictures too as well.

the bigger stoves are actually somewhat cheaper.

how long should one of those canisters last? if i should get extras, plus im gona have like poptarts and crap for breakfast that does not require any cooking.

I doubt you'll need lockers.
    I did this trail years ago with my dad's old '95 chevy blazer (talk about a low pOS). Looked like this:

<br />97 4Runner SR5 Blue - 124k miles, E-Locker, Armorology front/rear bumpers &amp; sliders, BudBuilt skidplate+belly, MTR 285/75/16s, 2&quot; Tundra/OME Lift, 1&quot; 4Crawler Bodylift, 1&quot; diff drop, Black Aluminum Wheels, Cobra CB<br />99 4Runner SR5 Black - 48k miles, E-Locker, Daily Driver<br />06 Baby Girl - a zillion diapers and counting, Sleepless Mod, Cute Mod<br />

Quote Originally Posted by Crux
    I did this trail years ago with my dad's old '95 chevy blazer (talk about a low pOS). Looked like this:
    Who knows...if you have them make sure they are ready to go. Several us found out the hard way earlier this year that some of the trails there had changed quite a bit from what we remembered due to some of the heavier rains they have had.
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

Quote Originally Posted by Crux

Wow! How did you negotiate the big stone step near the top of Murphy's Hogback with that thing?!?!? I was going uphill when I hit it with my truck. Made it through, OK, but I ejected the old Coleman cooler doing it. Thank God it was one of the old school metal ones, with the locking latch!

oh and im curious, any rules against beer out there? not like im gonna waste myself out there. just have a beer while im listenin to music and look at the stars or something.

Rules AGAINST beer? Blasphemy! Good lord no man!!! I'm shaken just at the thought.

Of course you can enjoy beers. It wouldn't be a camping trip without it.

Seriously, I need to go meditate and find my center now. Not cool.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast