Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Finished a couple more LED projects

Re: Finished a couple more LED projects

I smell photochop!!!!

hehe jk

wow now that's pretty darn impressive work there. that's almost like "overkill" but I love it!
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Overkill? That's like saying something has too much power...it's simply not possible!!

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    I can post this pic now that Scott has his own LED interior light. This photo is completed un-doctored, but it illustrates the difference in illumination between my LED setup and a stock 4Runner cargo light:

Note the amount of light spill onto the ground as well as the difference in interior illumination. Did I mention this is more efficient than stock too?
    f'g stunning. but i betcha every flippin moth and mosquito found and made a home somewhere in your 4runner within seconds

LEDs don't attract as many bugs as incandescent. Here's why:

LEDs don't attract bugs. Pixi Lighting, which makes LEDs, lists "no bugs!" (that is, insects) as one of the reasons to use LEDs. But if you look at discussions online, it's not so clear-cut.

The stated reason that bugs don't fly toward LEDs is because bugs are attracted to ultraviolet light and at least some LEDs don't give off this type of light. But that's not universally true for all types of LEDs, according to people who have commented online. In one discussion, an employee from EnergyCircle said that most residential LED bulbs give off almost no UV light.

In an unscientific test last night at my house, I saw moths and mosquitoes fly right past my outdoor LED bulb; they were not attracted to the light. Consumer LED bulb maker Pharox advertises its bulbs as having no UV, so it's something worth checking when you're shopping around.

LINK

Yet another reason to go LED Bob!

I will have to upgrade to LEDs in my own T4R

Stupid question alert! I just installed an LED domelight in my Tacoma. The domelight only gets bright if the motor is running. Is this normal? I'm new at this.
    Cupholder Mod

It's normal for the regulator that controls your led. It's a voltage regulating unit.

The ones we used are current regulating drivers so they are always at a given current and do not dim when the engine is turning over nor do they get brighter with more voltage.

Small changes in voltage result in large changes in LED brightness. Voltage can swing nearly 25% with the engine running versus not running.

LEDs are current driven devices. Cheap LEDs are often voltage driven because it's less complicated circuitry and less expensive.

Update: I bought another LED Domelight from Batteries Plus. This time they work great. Works so well I bought LED domelights for the remaining 2 other cars.
    Cupholder Mod

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234