Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2007 CR-V TPMS system

Re: 2007 CR-V TPMS system

We've been driving ours in the snow without snow tires recently and it performs amazingly well. I still want to get snow tires (mainly to improve braking) but I think we're going to wait and get them around January when they usually go on sale. Both my wife and I love the new CRV, it was definately money well spent. Now it's going to be my turn for a new vehicle (since the CRV was for her). I've been toying around with a used 2005-2006 4runner but I am still concerned about gas mileage as I am sure gas prices will remain high for the forseeable future.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

I hear ya on the gas concern. These prices are only gonna go up. So when I filled up today for $3.09/gal. (southern indiana), I can't help but think when I'm 35(26 now) I'm gonna be talking about how I wish I could pay $3.09/gal.
    Condell<br /><br />1996 3.4L 4wd 4Runner SR5<br />TJM-15<br />Hella 500<br />Silverstars

just buy new tires, bring them to be mounted & balanced on the stock rims and the tpms will be fine. the car has no idea you just took the wheels off the car to put new tires on, just keep the rim in the spot it was originally or the sensor will still think its a r/f when its really a r/r or something like that.
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Quote Originally Posted by 20005spd
    just buy new tires, bring them to be mounted & balanced on the stock rims and the tpms will be fine. the car has no idea you just took the wheels off the car to put new tires on, just keep the rim in the spot it was originally or the sensor will still think its a r/f when its really a r/r or something like that.
    That's what I finally did about 2 weeks ago. Just got a full set of the Michelin Lattitude X-ice in a slightly smaller size (215/65R17) since the stock size was sold out completely nationwide (US and Canada!) Just brought them to the dealer and had them swap them over.....no TPMS problems from that but it's just a bit inconvienent. Only costs $100 a year ($50 fall / $50 spring) so I'll probably just do it that way from now on. I've heard of people running a second set of rims with regular valve stems and just putting up with the TPMS light but I'm sure my wife wouldn't tolerate that for long.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

tpms is a good system so its best to keep it working for you and the wife. its a bad system for people who dont know how to simply check tire pressures everyonce n a while. switchin tires isnt a big deal we do it all the time @ work since its a volvo dealer and even though most of em have awd they still buy snow tires n switch them over.
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12