Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunroof Drain Tubes

Re: Sunroof Drain Tubes

In my 96 I saw the rear driver-side drain tube running behind the panel above the wheel well. On the passenger rear I see a tube ending just above the tail-pipe behind the wheel well (looking from under the truck). I was wondering what those tubes where for, now I know. You may be able to see the driver-side drain tube ending behind the wheel well as well, not sure though.
    -Jc1996 SR5 4WD 5SPD 4RunnerStock till 213,000 milesSonoran SS rear brake line|Sonoran diff drop|Sonoran Panhard drop bracket|SAW 2.5 C/O's|OME891-N86|Magnaflow 24|Deckplate Mod|Trueflow Airfilter|BruceTS Rear Bumper|Airaid MIT|Shrockworks Front Bumper|Trail-mart 67 sliders

Quote Originally Posted by cplvc
    In my 96 I saw the rear driver-side drain tube running behind the panel above the wheel well. On the passenger rear I see a tube ending just above the tail-pipe behind the wheel well (looking from under the truck). I was wondering what those tubes where for, now I know. You may be able to see the driver-side drain tube ending behind the wheel well as well, not sure though.
    I'll check them out thanks!

Firebane, after it rains, what area of the inside of the cab is wet? And second, how long has this problem persisted?
    2002 4Runner Sport 4WD
    My 4Runner Profile: Click Me

could clogged drain tubes cause leaks to show up on the cargo area after a hard rain?

laura, are there any wet spots on the headliner? or could it be blowing in through the seal for the rear hatch?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

no wet spots on the headliner that I can see or feel.

might be the rear hatch, guess I need to take it down to the car wash and get the pressure washer on the back to check it out.

i had a bunch of leaves get caught in there last year, and the one day it rained, i got water on the cover in the back like yours, so that would be my guess.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Wow, Laura, I've talked to other members just within the last few months or so with the exact same problem! Until then, I had never heard of this occurance before. (I for one, have never experienced it in my 4Runner.)

Check out this thread. It's a few days old, but maybe the member on it has solved his problem:

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/showth...threadid=32873
    2002 4Runner Sport 4WD
    My 4Runner Profile: Click Me

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Slide
    Check out this thread. It's a few days old, but maybe the member on it has solved his problem: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/search...der=descending
    <okay this is me being a dummy> the link isn't pulling up a thread just an error? what can I search on there to find it?

I was able to take it to the car wash yesterday evening. I sat in the back while husband rinsed around the roof and the door. After a while I saw a couple drops coming in at the very center of the top of the rear hatch. It must have been doing some serious rice paddy in monsoon season raining while I slept.

Could this be coming from my roof rack and running down the inside to drip at that point? Or would I definitely have spots on my headliner if that were the case?

also - since I don't believe this to be a sunroof drain tube problem should I even be posting in this thread?

ha! i don't think anyone is going to bust your chops for trying to diagnose your problem. if you still plan on attempting to fix this yourself, the next step would be to take off the ceiling and have the husband pour water over it again so you can see exactly
    <br /><br />
    883/LC with OME/PC shocks ∙ 2&quot; body lift ∙ ARB bull bar
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast