Thread: Anybody here live in the Seattle area?

Anybody here live in the Seattle area?

Hey all,

I got an internship offer based out of Seattle that I'm considering. Does anybody know the cost of living in the Seattle area? The internship pays fair, especially for my field, but I still don't know if it would be enough to justify living in Seattle. From what I hear, housing is really expensive there. So, anybody know which areas in Seattle would be safe and have fair rent? Like less than $1000/month?

I've found some places on-line for around $750 or so, but I don't know if they are recommended neighborhoods.

Thanks all.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Re: Anybody here live in the Seattle area?

Not to familiar with the Seattle area itself.
    I use to live on the other side of the sound, over in Bremerton and Port orchard.

I lived out in the sticks in Port Orchard, not to far from a Seattle ferry so the commute wouldn't be that bad if your office is close to the ferry.

I liked it out on that side of the sound been in and out of the areas around Seattle and there are some nice areas just not that familiar with them. And its been a few years since i have been back so things might have changed.

I have always used cost of living calcs to see whats what in an area.
    http://cgi.money.cnn.com/tools/costo...a+WA&x=25&y=12

http://www.bestplaces.net/city/defau...000&op=5307695

Good luck.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

If you are looking to rent $1000 will get you a decent place. There really aren't any bad places in Seattle, if you go outside the city to Tacoma or Everett there are some sketchy areas. If you are younger (30 or under) I would look around the University area. More social stuff to do, more young women to look at.....

Thanks for the input guys. I'd definately like to find somewhere for way less than $1000/month, but from what I hear, housing is expensive there. If I can find a place for less than 700/month including util, I would be thrilled.

The university area sounds like a good idea...maybe I can share a place with some other guys or something. Depends on noise though. I like my quite sometimes.

Anybody know what areas to avoid in Seattle?

Thanks guys.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD