Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UltimateYota decals??

UltimateYota decals??

I just got my order of decals today but been having a problem putting them on, parts of the decal will not transfer to the side to be applied to the vehicle.

So far 3 of 3 of the decals have done this, the middle part of A O and several other parts in the top area.

Can anyone suggest a way to get this fixed, myself and a few of my employees have tried for awhile.

Thanks

Update:

Frist thing, this section must be locked for replies because I cannot quote or reply.

Yes I am doing the exact thing you described, I have applied several decals similar to these.

Update:

Okay one of the decals ruined, only the burnish part came off and the rest is stuck to the white backer. Never experience this before, maybe the heat sealed it to the backer in transit to me?? I have put TRD, other club decals on and more and never came across this before.

2005 T4R Silver SR5 V6 4WD with Mods!<br /><br />IFS 4WD Conversion done!

Re: UltimateYota decals??

Hmmm, first we've heard of this.

Let me ask the obvious - you removed the back of the sticker to apply these to the outside of the glass, right?

You remove the backer, apply to glass or other surface, burnish and then remove carrier that is on the front of the sticker.

Is this what you did?
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Got your PM - you should be able to post here now - little permissions issue.

Sounds like those decals were defective. We'll get another set sent out to you.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

All 3 of them either all or parts are just stuck to the white backer and will not transfer over to the burnish side.

Can send these back to you, just give PM me the return address, since I threw out the envelope it came in already.

Thanks

I just put mine on today. I noticed that the backer in the middle of the "O" stuck to the actual decal, so i had to peel the paper off the little circle with my finger before i put it on.
    -Casey-<br />94 4runner 4x4 SOLD<br />99 4runner Limited

Quote Originally Posted by mysticzt4r
    All 3 of them either all or parts are just stuck to the white backer and will not transfer over to the burnish side.

Can send these back to you, just give PM me the return address, since I threw out the envelope it came in already.

Thanks
    No need to send them back - I trust you.

I apologize for the problems. I'm sending you a PM now about the replacements.
    -andy

After spending some time working on one of the decals, carefully using a razor to slowly peel section by section I got one of the decals off the white backer and applied it to my rear window.

But for the other 2 decals are just stuck to the white backer and will not budge.

Thanks

OLD thread, but anyone else have this issue? I recently went to put on a second of my UY decals and had the same issue, but with a little patience and the razor blade was able to get the vinyl off the backer, and onto the glass.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

I had to scrape off parts of mine with a razor as well. Actually the those are the pieces that have bubbles or look like they will be the first to fall off

Hey Mike,

If you had a bad sticker, let me know I can send you a replacement at no cost.

Thanks!
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast